THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
The Quality Engineering team is an integral part of engineering, & works with highly skilled software engineers, product managers, & business stakeholders, all of whom are passionate about quality & aim to deliver added value solutions to complex supply chain & customer challenges. Each week we send hundreds of thousands of customers all the pre-measured & perfectly proportioned ingredients they need to prepare delicious & healthy meals at home. Join us in our mission to deliver quality cooking experiences to our customers by helping us build a test platform that will make our engineering even more reliable.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
As a Quality Engineer you will:
- Work closely with engineering & product teams to understand current & future system functionality. Our quality engineers are subject matter experts & seek to continuously learn about systems, users, & business applications.
- Be the owner of quality engineering for 1-2 individual application engineering teams.
- Be a part of the agile development workflow for the engineering teams you work with, from standups to sprint planning to backlog refinement & long-term planning.
- Develop rich test ideas, scenarios & experiments that yield an in-depth coverage of systems under test (well above & beyond positive, negative & edge cases).
- Actively research new testing techniques, methodologies & tools, share them with the team & apply them when theres a potential for improvement.
- Become a subject matter expert, share knowledge within the team & participate in onboarding of new team members.
- Work with high-level specs, in a fast-paced environment & think critically to provide the best test coverage within the constraints at hand.
- Work on applications built on: Ruby on Rails, Python, React, Ember, PostgreSQL, RSpec, Swift.
- Write & maintain automated tests in an existing automation framework using Selenium & Java.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to join our team with the following qualifications:
- 4+ years software testing experience, preferably in an agile environment.
- Experience defining & documenting testing scope for a teams slate of projects.
- Skilled in current test techniques, able to choose a test design approach based on each projects context.
- Experience running & supplementing WEB automation test suite.
- Comfortable using the command line, GitHub (or equivalent version control system), & working in a CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience working in microservices environments & continuous integration development on Github, AWS, Jenkins, Kubernetes a plus.
- Experience working with product to weigh whether any changes to spec are acceptable; offers product enhancement suggestions when appropriate.
- Experience testing mobile applications is a plus.
- Experience logging & tracking defects in JIRA (or equivalent bug tracking system).
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.