About our company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for modern women of purpose. How? By delivering luxury-quality clothing via a seamless, direct-to-consumer stylist experience.
Who are we?
We're a varied group of go-getters who are all passionate about reimagining the way women shop & dress for work. We have a validated market & die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, & a whip-smart & energetic team. We take our work (but never ourselves) very seriously. Were data obsessors who like nice clothes.
About the role
Welcome to a team where creativity meets data & beautiful designs turn into real product. Do we have your attention? MMs merchandising & planning team is hiring for a Merchandise Planning Manager. You will work closely with many core teams at MM & will be a critical player in achieving sales goals, developing product strategies, & transforming the retail landscape.
What will you do?
- Be a part of a team on the forefront of redefining how retail manages inventory
- Build detailed annual inventory plans & determine investment levels for all sales channels & categories
- Manage Open-to-Buy & partner closely with Finance to align on seasonal investments, inventory strategies, & receipt flow.
- Own reporting & analytical projects to provide actionable insights & identify business opportunities
- Ensure cross-departmental knowledge sharing & mutual understanding on product performance
- Make quick recommendations on strategies to push inventory, replenish or course-correct as necessary
- Partner with our Customer Experience, Logistics, Production, Merchandising & Marketing teams to deliver products to our customers in the right quantity, at the right time
- Provide forecasts to Production & Warehouse partners for appropriate factory & warehouse resource-allocation
- Present seasonal & core product investment strategies to the Executive Team
- Oversee a team of 1-2 planners, reporting into VP of Merchandising & Planning
- Be responsible for achieving Inventory Turn & average Supply targets
- Manage fabric consumption, plan out Kill Goods & estimate fabric reorder needs
- Determine liquidation strategies as needed
Who are you?
- An assertive team player who can work easily & seamlessly cross-functionally
- A strong communicator who can influence high-level decision making
- A passionate contributor who cares deeply about the quality of their work
- An inspirational leader who can rally colleagues & mentor direct reports
What skills do you have?
- BA/BS Degree with 4-5+ years of experience, preferably within a retail organization
- Advanced experience working within Excel
- SQL skills preferred but not required
- Strong (even obsessive) organizational qualities
- High levels of attention to detail & commitment to accuracy
- Ambition to succeed in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other teams
- A desire to innovate, break through norms, & do something different
- A passion for MM products & fulfilling the needs of our extraordinary customers
- Steadfast willingness & drive to find a way
- Previous experience in merchandising or distribution a plus