Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times Best Places to Work, Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, Parity.orgs Best Companies for Women to Advance, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
Who were looking for:
Do you love making players happy? Is player satisfaction just like breathing for you? Does growing a business sound like a great way to spend your time? Do you like testing apps & playing games as part of your job? Then we want to talk to you.
The Skillz Player Support team is looking for a Support Representative to work with our users to maximize player engagement, retention, & satisfaction. Youll play a key role in broadening & deepening the companys relationship with our players. Responsibilities will include:
- Handling player inquiries & issues directly from our players
- Handling escalated issues from outsourced support agents
- Revising & building player facing support templates, FAQs & other materials
- Identifying & reporting player trends & issues to other areas of the business
- Maximizing player retention
- Completing ad hoc projects to support the Player Support team
- Contributing strategically to the growth & direction of Skillz products & services
- Executing in a fast-paced, team environment
- 1+ years of customer service experience at a venture-funded start-up in any of the following industries: mobile technology, social media, gaming, or advertising
- Experience working with helpdesk ticketing systems; familiarity with Zendesk is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally & to players & match tone accordingly
- Ability to work cooperatively & collaboratively with all levels of employees & management
- Mature & self-motivated with a positive, professional attitude
- Capacity to operate effectively in a fast growth startup environment
- Progressive, consistent work history & excellent references
- Willingness to work weekends if needed
- Detail oriented, interested in games, with a competitive spirit
- Ability to work well under pressure & tight deadlines
Please note that this position will start as a 12 month contract.
Hourly pay: $14/hr
Due to COVID, this opening is currently remote & eligible to anyone in the Las Vegas area. Attendance in office will be required when safe to do so.
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.