The 1stDibs Marketplace Trust team is seeking a Marketplace Trust Associate to join our team. The Marketplace Trust team is responsible for verifying compliance with marketplace policies, including but not limited to our anti-money laundering efforts, efforts to combat fraud, intellectual property violations, chargebacks, & enforcing policies across the seller population. The Marketplace Trust team works in close collaboration with Seller Relations, Client Services, & Product teams to promote conversion by spreading awareness of the proper use of platform tools & compliance with marketplace policies.
This role is a self-driven, cross-disciplinary position that requires excellent communication & interpersonal skills, critical thinking, attention to detail, an aptitude for data analysis, & the ability to think strategically about policy enforcement activities from a big picture perspective. You must be able to excel in ambiguous & quickly changing situations.
What youll do
- Interpret & enforce 1stDibs policies for buyers, dealers, & internal 1stDibs teams.
- Contribute to the development of policies & features aimed at building marketplace trust for both buyers & sellers, directly impacting the success of 1stDibs.
- Use exceptional judgment & intuition to mitigate financial & operational risk.
- Use internal tools & software to assess & analyze potentially fraudulent activity on incoming orders.
- Investigate potential anti-money laundering activity.
- Review & respond to credit card chargeback disputes.
- Review buyer/seller interactions to detect violations of 1stDibs Transactional Policies.
- Execute internal & external processes for responding to policy violations.
- Issue formal policy violation notices to offending sellers according to the established escalation path.
- Investigate & address potential off-platform sales based on buyer/seller interactions & various analytical tools, processing orders for any confirmed off-platform sales.
- Identify, structure, & recommend opportunities to surface additional potential off-platform sales, or improvements to current investigative processes.
- Handle all but the most escalated communications with sellers resulting from transactional-policy compliance activities.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders from the cross-functional teams at 1stDibs to develop & continuously improve best practices, procedures, & tools related to compliance with seller policies.
- Weekend shifts may be necessary
What youll bring
- 1-3 years professional work experience (preferably in Regulatory or Fraud investigations)
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Web savvy with strong analytical & research skills
- Exceptional judgment & critical thinking skills
- Can set work priorities in ambiguous & rapidly changing situations
- Comfortable contributing to a collaborative team environment
- Experience and/or interest in risk management in e-commerce is a plus, but not required
- Experience working in a two sided marketplace is a plus, but not required
- BA/BS degree is a plus, but not required
1stDibs is a leading online marketplace connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers & makers of vintage, antique, & contemporary furniture, home dcor, art, fine jewelry, watches, & fashion.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.