Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
As a Recruiter for Vox Media, you will lead the recruiting process from source to close for three of our networks: Vox.com, The Verge, & Polygon. Ideal candidates for this position will have experience in full life-cycle recruiting within high growth organizations. This position will report to the SVP, People & Culture & will be based in Vox Medias New York, NY office.
What youll do:
- Strategically source & build pipelines for various Editorial related roles including: Writers, Editors, Producers.
- Create & execute a full life-cycle recruiting process, ensuring a smooth & positive candidate experience.
- Partner with hiring managers & leadership to understand their needs & build a strategic team together.
- Leverage internal tools & your network to source a creative & diverse talent pool.
- Help sustain & improve Vox Medias candidate experience.
- Work with a strong sense of urgency, & fill the highest priority needs for the company.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, leadership & HR Business Partners to understand hiring needs; clearly map out hiring strategies & manage expectations throughout the process.
- Track & report metrics.
What youll bring:
- A strong desire to work at Vox Media & familiarity with at least one of our brands.
- 3+ years of hands-on recruiting experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; proven ability to thrive on change
- Experience recruiting for media companies and/or for roles related to content creation.
- Proactive & able to work autonomously.
- Experience recruiting top tier talent using diverse & creative sourcing methods.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with proven ability to take initiative & build strong relationships.
- Ability to articulate the company's mission, vision, values, products, & culture.
- Proven success delivering customer service through relationship building & understanding of the business.
- Ability to sell, negotiate, & close.
Bonus points for:
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business or similar field
- Greenhouse experience
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.