At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Imagine a world where with a single app & affordable membership, you can easily choose between modes & get the right ride for your needs every single time - whether it's a bike, scooter, bus, train, or car. Bikes & Scooters create personal transit options that people love & cities need. We also connect people to Transit stops with a sustainable & affordable transportation option, making it more feasible to give up a personal car.
Were searching for a Director, Marketing to lead marketing efforts for our Transit, Bikes & Scooters (TBS) business, reporting to our VP, Marketing. You will be responsible for developing a cohesive marketing strategy across brand, product, & growth efforts, ultimately driving acquisition, engagement, & brand preference. Partnering & managing cross-functional teams, you will work closely with central marketing, communications, product, the Head of TBS & other leaders within TBS to ensure all marketing is insight-driven, inspiring, & results-focused.
As a part of our TBS team, you will have a meaningful opportunity to expand on our vision to be the most widely used & loved multimodal transportation network in our markets. TBS is in startup mode within a growth-stage company & how we operate in local markets shifts rapidly. Like us, you continuously test & iterate & understand what its like to work in environments where change is constant.
- Develop positioning, messaging, & competitive differentiation that helps increase market share, fuels brand affinity, adoption & ensures a uniform & inspiring brand experience across channels (both in & out of product).
- In collaboration with Marketing & TBS leadership, help build our broader narratives & stories for multi-model user experiences
- Define & mobilize the marketing strategy behind the broader mission of Transit, Bikes & Scooters as part of Lyfts efforts to reach zero-carbon footprint
- Assess the market, research, identify & leverages desires & trends of TBS Riders across all markets for branding & brand engagement opportunities
- Be the voice of the customer to guide the Marketing, TBS & Product organization, sharing brand data & insights
- Manage other Marketing teams cross-functionally to deliver campaigns & programs that deliver on business goals; also drive alignment with Product, Growth, Ops, Enterprise, etc.
- Move with speed & agility to keep pace with a fast-moving & fast-growing business; be able to try new things & learn quickly
- Close to 10 years+ brand, integrated marketing, & marketing strategy experience, creating a compelling consumer message across new digital & media channels
- You create inclusive, culturally-aware marketing strategies to reach Black & LatinX communities
- Youve guided the creation of brand marketing efforts inside technology-enabled consumer companies - experience outside of an agency setting is required
- Youre well-versed in leading large cross-functional, collaborative teams as well as directly managing small teams. Youre an exceptionally strong collaborator that brings groups together to make impact
- You balance a mix of brand architecture & consumer segmentation to reach a broad & diverse audience. You're quantitative by nature; make decisions supported by data, insights & metrics to empower brand strategy, test & measure to build compelling marketing programs that achieve measurable value
- Youre resourceful, forward in thinking, drawn to building off of ambiguous & unsolved problems & have an "own the outcome" mindset. Familiar also with working in a startup, scrappy environment
- You have a lot of exposure to influencing & partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, able to partner with deeply technical as well as operational, business-minded leaders
- You devote time to educating, mentoring & teaching partners the values & impact behind branding & marketing strategy. Youre passionate about embodying the companys mission, values into brand strategy to "delight" customers.
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.