BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for an experienced software engineer to help us build the next generation of machine learning infrastructure. We need your help & expertise to build tools & platforms to allow data scientists & engineers alike to iterate quickly on training, evaluating, & deploying models. Your work will affect the way readers around the world experience the best content on the internet.
Youll report to the Data Group Lead in New York, surrounded by passionate people who are generous with their time & want to help you grow at BuzzFeed. Youll work with engineering, product, design, & data colleagues globally across time zones. We are working remotely, & we expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021.
- Develop services & libraries that power machine learning infrastructure
- Work with diverse teams of product managers, designers, software engineers, data engineers, & data scientists
- Use your experience to advocate for best practices in machine learning across the organization
- Develop new capabilities & processes that increase the speed of model development & experimentation
- Mentor software engineers & other members of the team
- You have 5 or more years experience working on large-scale software infrastructure systems
- You have 3 or more years experience developing machine learning infrastructure
- You are comfortable working & iterating on evolving workflows & requirements
- You have previously built large-scale APIs & libraries for Python or Go
- You are comfortable working in SQL (BigQuery) on data sets
- You can take complete ownership of a feature or project
- You have a record of leading work across departments
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.