What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology & marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizza market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for consumers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
Read more about our initiatives here.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Product Designer with experience in gamification & creating game experiences to continually push our web & apps customer experience to new levels.
You will work closely with our product, engineering & analytics teams to design experiences that improve the lives of our restaurant partners.
- Excited about building products that drive user actions with a very rewarding experience
- Passionate about adding elements from games to non-game products
- Enhance user engagement by weaving suitably fun features such as leaderboards & badges into an existing system to tap into users intrinsic motivations to drive behavior changes
What youll do:
- Own the end-to-end research, prototyping, design & iteration of our restaurant-facing products. Define & execute an end to end UX strategy to engage SMBs with the right gamification mechanics
- Understand user research & shop owner goals in order to design systems that every step of the way feels rewarding
- Use quantitative & qualitative data to inform product decisions & prioritization
- Determine best UX solutions based on business goals & present a broad set of potential designs for any project
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team throughout the product development process, including discovery, testing & scoping to drive successful launches & product iterations.
- Evaluate your design to monitor its effectiveness in bolstering user engagement
- Ensure ADA compliance across your product area.
- Work collaboratively with other designers to ensure consistent user experience & look & feel across Slice products.
- 2+ years professional UX Design experience
- Previously built or designed in app/web/tablet gamification
- An outstanding portfolio of previous design work demonstrating depth of knowledge in user experience, interaction & visual/user interface design is a MUST
- Have expertise in delight: sound, haptic, transitions, & micro-interactions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good interface & visual design best practices.
- Experience collaborating on new ideas & features from conception to launch
- Demonstrated ability to communicate & partner well across, up & down the organization.
- Familiarity with the pizza or restaurant industry
- Experience designing products for SMBs
- Familiarity with design systems & pattern/component libraries. Experience with Atomic Design principles a plus.
- Experience in animation & its translation for developers a big plus
Great Product Designers can come from a variety of backgrounds, & so Slice is open-minded to varied education & experience.
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, & flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product & business, no matter the department. Youre the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of best-in-class team who combine creativity, curious minds & a commitment to excellence with the desire & commitment to grow & build on the Engineering culture and skill bases & community here in NI.
- Market Leading Salary
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental & Eye Care
- Income & Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to 2500
- 750 per annum self-learning budget/working from home allowance
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity & Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours & WFH
- Generous time off allowance & policies
- Free Friday Pizza & Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance & training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work & projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice is an equal opportunities employer & we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style & perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, & we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.