HuffPost is looking for a Senior Trends Reporter to join our UK edition to cover the days most compelling stories.
The ideal candidate will uncover stories & find unique angles that resonate with a large audience. They will have a proven record of injecting flair, intelligence & imagination into their copy.
You must be able to confidently write about a range of topics, including national news, politics & pop culture, & turn your hand to a variety of formats, such as breaking news, explainers & photo-led articles.
The candidate will be motivated by HuffPosts editorial mission & have confidence & experience in evaluating sources & framing stories that fit the highest journalistic standards.
Its essential you know how to write a great headline & select gripping images. Knowledge of how to optimise stories for search engines & social media is a plus.
This role is suited to a highly motivated self-starter who is comfortable working both independently & collaboratively. You should also be familiar with using data to inform the stories you publish & have a knack for understanding audience trends.
- Publish several stories a day to engage our readers.
- Play a key role in ensuring HuffPost UKs stories cut through.
- Monitor trends, breaking news & current affairs.
- Contribute ideas for upcoming events.
- 4+ years experience in digital journalism highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience within digital news journalism.
- Ability to leverage traditional reporting skills with digital tools & data.
- A strong understanding of media law.
*Please include three examples of recent work in your application as PDFs.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.