As a Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for modernizing our user management & revenue systems that provide best-in-class customer support. You will be building both internal & external consumer experiences to manage our CLEAR customer accounts. You will also be working on our payments, tokenization, & billing integrations that power our membership billing experience. You will be working cross-functionally with multiple engineering teams, providing leadership & advice, & helping teams grow in their functions. Additionally you will be a key partner to the Product Management teams in helping define product roadmaps with a focus on all things that make up a digital identity.
What you'll do:
- Identify & build support for technical initiatives that address CLEARs most important needs
- Define the technical vision & strategy that guide engineers across Mobile Engineering to solve CLEARs thorniest, most intractable technical problems
- Support the growth & success of both engineers & non-engineers across CLEAR
- Evaluate new software components & practices & influence teams to use them
- Review & craft architecture documents, working with engineering teams to make the right decisions from design through implementation
- You will be both hands-on & strategic
What you're great at:
- 10+ years of professional software development experience, focusing on building cloud-based distributed systems written in Java, Python or related languages
- Expert in contributing to the architecture & design (architecture, design patterns, reliability & scaling) of new & current systems
- Experienced with RDBMS, NoSQL, caching solutions, & real-time streaming data stores like Kafka
- Partners well with business & other stakeholders & collaborates effectively with peers
- Excellent communication skills, able to explain technical topics to non-technical audiences, manages up down & across
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when youre at your best, were at our best. Youll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer & easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, youll enjoy benefits like meals & snacks. We invest in your well-being & learning & development with our stipend & reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility & adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you & your dependents, & a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. The base salary range for this role is $210,000 - $260,000, depending on levels of skills & experience.
The base salary range represents the low & high end of CLEARs salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience & performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEARs total compensation package for employees & other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light & the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 15+ million passionate members & hundreds of partners around the world, CLEARs identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, & travel. Whether its at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, & more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.