Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates economic transformation for high-need, high-potential individuals through our technical training programs. We are not just another coding boot camp. We are a mission-driven organization that goes beyond technical instruction to offer coaching, career development, & employer partnerships that help our Fellows secure high-paying software engineering jobs & thrive in their new careers.
We are One Big Team
The passionate & collaborative team at Pursuit gives its all to achieve our mission. And its not just staff. We work with employer partners that love hiring our Fellows because they are so well prepared, ranging from big financial firms to scrappy startups, & everything in between. We also activate & engage hundreds of volunteers that come from all areas of the tech industry. These experts & professionals help keep our curriculum fresh & our standards for achievement high by participating in our admissions process, as well as program-specific activities such as interview training, DemoDays, Hackathons, & Capstone projects.
About the Role
As Pursuits first Fellowship Product Manager, you will work alongside the senior leadership & program teams to develop & implement a Fellowship product roadmap that aligns with Pursuit principles, drives Fellowship outcomes, & delivers a cohesive integrated experience for Fellows. You will report directly to Pursuits Chief Operating Officer, & work cross functionally across the organization (including the Fellow Recruitment (Growth team) , Core Training Team, Job Search ( Employment team), Marketing & Finance teams) to ensure we have the communications, systems & strategies in place to meet our program outcomes. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced product manager to bring their skills to the intersection of technology & social impact to drive Pursuits mission & outcomes.
As a Fellowship Product Manager you will:
- Serve as subject matter expert on & champion of the Fellowship product & go-to-resource for product questions
- Lead ideation, development, & prioritization of Pursuit Fellowship roadmap based on stakeholder input, data, alignment with overall Pursuit strategy, business model, & principles
- Design, implement, & optimize end-to-end Fellow experience for all touchpoints
- Manage all Pursuit Fellowship principle / design-related communications / training to Fellows (working with Communications team.)
- Collaborate across functions including: program, finance, operations, legal, etc. to drive product development, operations, & adoption.
What you need to be considered for Fellowship Product Manager role:
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience in product management, management consulting, and/or related fields
- Demonstrated experience leading & build buy in across cross-functional teams
- Strong familiarity with the tech startup industry
- Capable of strategic thinking & methodical execution toward goals
- Proven track record of collecting & using data to inform decision-making
- Flexible & capable of navigating ambiguity
- Analytical, detail-oriented, & research-minded
- Outstanding communication & presentation skills
- Extremely motivated & inspired by Pursuits mission
Where youll work:
- Hybrid: 2 days a week in our HQ in Long Island City & 3 days wherever you work best.
Compensation: $130,000 - $150,000
- Great culture where transparency, respect, teamwork, & kindness are valued
- Competitive compensation in base, plus bonus & a full benefits package
- 401k plus match
- Unlimited PTO & an all-Pursuit week-long holiday the last week of December
- An opportunity to work at the intersection of tech & social impact, & make a direct impact on the communities of those we serve.
Pursuit values diversity:
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds & experiences, & we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives & affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.