BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Lead Producer to lead the TikTok initiatives on the editorial brands of Cocoa Butter, BuzzFeed Main, Famous Crime Scenes, Bring Me, Pero Like, Apop, & Goodful. You will be overseeing a pod of freelancers, full time producers, & fellowship producers & focusing on cracking new video formats, setting content buckets, & working on new platform releases like lives, commerce, & length. Were looking for a leader with a keen eye for identifying creative opportunities who can speak authentically to the BuzzFeed audience. A plus if youre well versed in what makes a video succeed across various social platforms, & how to give teammates guidance & feedback that takes their content to the next level. This role reports to the Executive Director of Editorial Video & is based in Los Angeles.
- Lead a team of 5-6 editorial producers, advising on creative direction, workflow, production support.
- Lead brainstorming, selecting, editing, fun & entertaining shortform video content on a platform like TikTok.
- Collaborate with the writing team to utilize them as talent on existing BuzzFeed TikTok accounts.
- Collaborate with the Supervising Live Producer to assist in editorial live production on accounts.
- Create & produce new formats across BuzzFeeds biggest TikTok accounts.
- Partner with social to collect & digest team performance & output data to inspire future ideation & prove our success.
- Track & identify trends on social platforms to inspire shareable TikTok content, keeping team & org informed of learnings.
- Identify when an area of focus isnt working & pivot.
- Work with creators & talent residents. Help them identify potential trends & ideas that align with their image & brand.
- Assist with experiments on emerging platforms to strategize new opportunities for revenue
- Experience leading a content team to produce video content for a variety of social platforms with a particular passion for TikTok.
- Experience building production processes & workflows to enable output efficiencies
- Experience working with & brainstorming around talent
- Ability to ideate around livestreams, live-to-tape content, & short form content
- A passion for video metrics & the competitive instinct to ideate on your own success
- You are self-motivated, immensely curious, highly adaptable, & able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Experience or interest in lifestyle content is a plus
No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. Wed also like you to share 2 videos that performed well on TikTok within the last year (from any content creator or brand), & explain why you think they were successful.
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.