The Senior Manager, GTM Strategy & Business Optimization reports to the VP of GTM & Sales Strategy & has the responsibility of defining & driving specific initiatives to meet the GTM & sales strategy goals, growth & business performance objectives. Initiatives can range from strategic to operational, including defining account coverage & go-to-market models, strategic planning, customer segmentation, customer success & retention improvement, quota planning, territory planning, route to market, analysis of trends, regular review of key performance metrics, & formulating meaningful & actionable recommendations.
- Be a change agent - Identify, prioritize & manage key strategic initiatives to deliver both long term & short term company goals
- Measure & track critical initiatives. Collaborate with sales, customer success & business leaders to measure & optimize their respective business component.
- Lead key aspects of strategic GTM planning process across the business (territory, headcount, segmentation, route to market, alignment)
- Work cross-functionally to define problems, analyze growth opportunities & develop solutions, actionable recommendations & results through a rigorous, data-driven process & deep knowledge of industry leading practices
- Develop strategic & operational business cases working with cross-functional teams outlining business opportunity, rationale, & execution plans to achieve the vision for the opportunity including product, GTM strategies, & business model
- Uncover areas within the business to drive performance improvements to unlock productivity & accelerate execution
- Work with cross-functional team (product, development, marketing, sales, alliances, corp dev) to conduct build vs buy vs partner analyses to execute on growth opportunities
- Provide critical insights to the business through analytics & market research as required
Skills & Background
- Strong academic credentials with 8-10 years of total experience
- Atleast 3-5 years of experience in the sales strategy, GTM and/ or sales operations function in a fast growing software/saas company is a must
- 3-5 years of experience in top tier strategy/management consulting firms advising tech & software clients is highly desired
- Global perspective & exposure to SaaS business models is a must.
- Demonstrated experience in leading complex, cross-functional strategic initiatives & working with Sales & Customer Success Leadership, CXOs & Board members is critical