Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Real-time payments (RTP) is a new strategic initiative at Visa, focused on building the next generation payment network connecting, individuals & businesses with banks, fin-tech players, countries & regions with the flexibility to use a variety of payment instruments.
A Technical Product Manager is a leader of strategy, planning & execution. The RTP team is looking for a TPM in our Bangalore center, who is passionate about building scalable, secure & highly reliable, mission-critical software in afast-paced agile environment.
Successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal & organizational skills, & able to effectively manage multiple work streams. The ideal candidate for this position will have
more than three years of technical product and/or Program management experience with an ability to think tactically as well as strategically. The person should be able to lead cross functional teams in a highly matrixed environment. A background working in a high transaction online payment environment or APIs is highly desirable. Payment is a deep domain- the candidate should be a fast learner & able to pick up new domain quickly.
- Technical product management functions including functional specs, roadmap, project management, issue/risk management, & cross-division coordination.
- Extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams & business stakeholders to identify requirements, converting them to
functional specs, prioritizing, & driving execution using agile methodologies.
- Be the customer seat in the engineering team, deep passion for satisfying customer needs & influencing design & priority appropriately.
- Partner with Product Management & Business Teams to define Visa's overall RTP strategy. Own the roadmap working with the product & engineering teams.
- Work closely with the engineers & contribute to the development of design artifacts & Quality Assurance test plans
- Plan & conduct User Acceptance Testing with key stakeholders, Bug bashes, & Hackathons
- Own & develop clear & concise productcollateral in order to document the platform to inform & educateinternal stakeholders & clients of its desired behavior e.g. ProductGuides, Integration Guides, Release Notes
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously & ensure on-time/quality delivery
- Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering. MBA is a plus
- 7+ years of overall experience with 3+ years of relevant experience in technical product & program management.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving abilities; ability to use hard data and
metrics to back up assumptions & evaluate outcomes
- Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner & business leader, with ability to organize & motivate work across multiple team boundaries
- Proven track record of shipping product in time
- Project management skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate large scale planning, development & user acceptance testing efforts
- Excellent communication & presentation skills at all organizational levels
- Experience in working with agile lifecycle and/or tracking & process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA
Part of the broader Digital & Developer Platform organization, RTP team is undergoing a major ramp-up, looking to hire the best & brightest technologists & program managers with ambition & drive to build the next generation of payment network that would further extend the reach & scale of Visa's payment network. This is once in a lifetime opportunity & you feel excited about joining & leading the revolution- come join us!