GIPHY is the worlds largest place to search, discover, & create all the GIFs. Were the leading brand in short-form entertainment & visual communication.
iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, Slack, WhatsApp & many more all integrate against our API to serve GIFs to their millions of users across the globe. We serve over 7 billion GIFs every day to more than 500 million people.
Were a creative & passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of GIFs. We have big goals & are looking for like-minded, talented people to join us.
GIPHY is looking for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst who is passionate about the ad tech & media space to join our Finance team. This position is a hybrid Accounting & Finance role supporting the team with day to day activities including providing support to Revenue (collaborating on billing data, invoicing, & implementing process that scales), & A/P (managing payments to vendors as well as T&E expenses across the company), assisting with our annual audit, & other finance related projects. With such a wide variety of responsibilities, our ideal candidate is a quick learner who never loses sight of the details & loves to dig deep. Youll be maintaining order by managing information systematically in Intacct, working closely with vendors & staff, & designing new processes as our financial function grows. Were looking for a generalist interested in all areas; someone who loves to explore & solve unique problems all the time.
You must be flexible, highly organized, detail-oriented, & capable of handling sensitive data with care. Excel is your natural domain, & you shine in a fast-paced environment. Youre a strong written & verbal communicator who can explain complex ideas, listen, learn, & ask questions in equal measure. Most importantly, you love to work closely with others, collaborating & sharing responsibilities to ensure that everything is accounted for.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee AP/ AR workflow & other financial related operations
- Assist with the implementation of Salesforce as it related to finance outputs as well as integrating Salesforce with our accounting system (Intacct)
- Partner with Revenue team for monthly invoicing
- Develop initiatives which will automate accounting processes across the company,especially when it comes to Revenue, & which foster trust & accountability in all our financial reporting requirements.
- Support development of accounting policies & operations for revenue, including new product introduction & compliance with ASC 606
- Assist Revenue team with finance-based decision support for implementing new as well as maintaining existing products & processes. This includes planning & tracking campaign delivery & associated production cost.
- Assist with the monthly close process, including review of journal entries & reconciliations
- Work to bring areas in-house from an outsourced accounting team
- Assist with ongoing tax compliance & our annual audit
- Monthly financial analysis & reporting insights for better company decision making
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of working experience in the media & tech space
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Functional understanding of ASC 606
- Experience implementing & improving business process & systems
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills & ability to prioritize demands & meet deadlines
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive & be highly effective in a fast-paced & fluid environment
- Proficiency with Excel & love of spreadsheets
- Experience with Intacct accounting system is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Big 4 experience is a plus
This is a full time salaried position, including stock options, free health insurance, 4% 401K match, free lunch every day, free equinox membership & lots of other fun perks.