HubSpots Creative Team is looking for an experienced, Principal-level Project Manager to organize, clarify, track, align, & deliver the work being done by & in support of one of the Marketing Departments most important business lanes - our annual INBOUND event.
Consisting of Design, Web Development, & Video Production professionals, HubSpots Creative Team essentially serves as the internal agency for the brand - partnering with our INBOUND team to deliver a high volume of work across multiple mediums - from the INBOUND website to on-site event signage, all the way through to evergreen video content & event talent & logistics collateral.
We manage this work using a variety of software such as Google Drive, Slack, & Jira, & are always looking for candidates with flexible approaches to getting work done. There are also numerous vendor partnerships required for this role, & so communication skills & organization are a must, as well as understanding the importance of deadlines when working on events. Experience in key Marketing & Project Management sub-fields such as video production, user experience, branding, or Scrum/ Agile are also a plus, but not requirements.
A Principal Project Manager on this team would serve a joint role. First off, he or she must work as a trusted partner with team/ department leaders of INBOUND to:
- Parse out their roadmap of work, & ensure that the work remains visible, documented, measurable, & trackable - with clear sequencing, segmentation, & prioritization for all the work ahead.
- Provide reporting & planning to these INBOUND leaders around the utilization, productivity, throughput, & morale of the Creative partners.
- Fully understand the goals & objectives of the different INBOUND teams work in order to serve as an authority & proxy when working with the Creative partners.
- Ensure that any creative direction or scope insights provided by the INBOUND teams are indeed reasonable, actionable, & beneficial to the larger goals of the team - & if theyre not, helping to train the team on how to deliver more actionable & impactful requests, while also ensuring this work continues to push the event to new heights creatively.
The second portion of this role is more focused on management of/ partnership with the Creative partners directly. This piece of the role would require a candidate to:
- Manage the day-to-day workload & responsibilities of the various Creative partners within a given Marketing lane.
- Ensure that the Creative partners on the team are not blocked, overburdened, or distracted in their work, & if bandwidth becomes untenable, this person must take lead in provisioning freelance or vendor support to meet deadlines while adhering to budget limitations.
- Discover & document any requirements, dependencies, budget constraints, or other specifics of the project work that may emerge as Creative Partners execute their work.
- Maintain constant communication channels with the team members to ensure that they are aligned with the larger roadmap of their respective Marketing lane, & they are maximizing their time for collaboration.
All of this work should also be done using systems & processes IDd as the best practices maintained & laid out by the Project Management team & its leadership. It must also be done in a way that recognizes the time-sensitivity of events, & instills the appropriate planning rigor and urgency to meet deadlines that will keep this team as efficient & organized as possible.
What Does Success Look Like?
A successful person in this role would manage to form deep connections with their INBOUND leader(s), Creative partners, & vendors. Our best Project Managers are indispensable to their teams success. They remain organized, unflustered, & candid about the work that is expected of them & their teams, & they understand why the work matters.
At a Principal level, a person in this role is expected to be autonomous, organized, & capable of making major decisions to keep work consistent & on-track. This person must see the big picture of what makes the INBOUND event unique - where its been, where it is today, & where we want it to go. Driving that evolution & making sure that all new ideas are met with solid plans for execution will be key.
So if you are - or think you can become - an organized, collaborative thinker & leader with strong planning, documentation, & core project management skills, wed love to hear from you.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as the 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify & whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, & wed love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software & systems that power the worlds small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, & employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, & transparency. If that sounds like something youd like to be part of, wed love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 3M views, & learn about our commitment to creating a diverse & inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, & more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. Were headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, & we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), & Bogot (Colombia).
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, & related purposes. HubSpot's Recruiting Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, & the rights you can exercise over HubSpots use of your personal information.