We are on a mission to build the digital infrastructure for the mortgage industry. The mortgage market is undergoing a major shift, with much more emphasis being placed on consumer choice, & transparency. We are working with some of the biggest names in financial services - comparison sites, marketplace providers, lenders - to deliver a better mortgage application & renewal experience to millions of borrowers in the UK.
Were backed by the UKs leading digital venture builder (Blenheim Chalcot) who have an unrivalled track record for building successful & disruptive digital ventures.
As a part of our platform offering we build & maintain several web applications on behalf of other brands, provide critical analytical reports to our partners on a frequent basis & do so reliably with high confidence.
In order to remain a trusted provider of technology to our customers, every single API request or web page view that our systems process is viewed as critical. We process millions of requests every year on behalf of some of the largest price comparison networks in the U.K. & we invest heavily in the reliability, resilience & security of our infrastructure to earn & keep their trust.
As a site reliability engineer youll be responsible for empowering delivery teams by building highly reliable & scalable infrastructure using Terraform, Docker & Googles kubernetes engine, & use tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Checkly, & PagerDuty to ensure we have detailed system telemetry with the mechanisms in place to confidently meet all of our SLAs.
Employee value proposition
Our team of Koodoods is made up of skateboarders, snowboarders, readers, guitarists (sooo many guitarists), chess players, hikers, plant growers, DJs, motorcyclists, & many different types of kind hearted people.
We are a passionate team who care about each other, & are driven to make a difference through great collaboration, & open communication.
- Receive the role profile
- Read it & get excited
- Tell us you are interested (apply, email, perform interpretive dance)
- Meet the hiring managers for your role, quiz us on the information in the profile & more about Koodoo
- Complete an offline technical challenge, helping us learn more about how you solve problems
- Meet more some of our team, & answer some technical questions
- Tell everyone how amazing your life has become
- Invite your friends & get a referral bonus!
Day to Day
- Youll collaborate with engineers, delivery teams & product managers to deliver robust & scalable infrastructure for our digital mortgage services platform
- Youll be reviewing, writing, & maintaining Infrastructure as code using GitHub for source control
- Youll attend sprint ceremonies such as planning sessions, retrospectives, & project roadmapping exercises
- Youll empower other teams by ensuring our systems are running as expected & our environments are as stable as can be
- Youll learn about the wider technology ecosystem to help us deliver & innovate the features of our platform
- Youll act as the first point of contact if (when) production issues arise & be proactive about analysing & solving issues
- Youre passionate about modern technologies, languages & cloud platforms such as terraform, golang, kubernetes, & GCP
- You love automating complex workflows & care deeply about developer experience
- Youre a proactive problem solver that embraces debugging complex technology problems with a fine attention to detail
- You like to get involved with a multitude of things, rather than specialising in a specific area
- You have a proven track record of maintaining distributed systems over cloud infrastructure. Ideally, youll already have a level of experience in a similar field to Site Reliability & are highly proficient with cloud based infrastructure, monitoring & logging tools & solid software design patterns.
- We are Empowered - If its to be, it's up to me
- We Deliver - We hold ourselves to high standards, we get results & we do what we say we will
- We Empathise - We listen, we support, we care - for each other, our partners & customers
- We are focused - We are committed to what we do, determined to succeed & we obsessively prioritise to achieve our goals
- We are Passionate - We are proud of our work, our product & our team & relentless in solving the problems in our industry
- Competitive Salary
- Pension scheme, Bonus scheme, Life insurance
- Flexible benefits package
- 25 days holiday (with the option to buy more)
- Flexible working (Were remote friendly & also have available office space in Nottingham & London)
- Company issued MacBook Pro or Dell XPS 13 (depending on your choice) along with accessories
- Investment in online courses, training & conferences
- 10% time to develop new ideas & experiment with new technologies
- Regular hackathons & events to promote team working & on going learning
- Sunshine time in the darker months
- Wellbeing & other Koomittees (see what we did there!) organising a range of activities