Who we are:
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up.
We have grown on average by 50% year on year & are now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annual basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees & have offices worldwide.
You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers.
What youll be working on:
You will be the Engineering Leader for our Corporate IT team in the UK, supporting an end user base of around 300.
As leader of our local Corporate IT team, youll be responsible for services including internal global network & security systems, telephony, end user computer, local file & print as well as the people, process & systems to support these services managing all aspects of the internal IT infrastructure.
This is a great opportunity for an Engineering Leader to play a pivotal role in scaling a global FinTech organization in a vibrant, exciting, fast-growing business.
- Providing technical leadership of local Corporate IT team members.
- Mentoring & coaching for all staff & foster a culture of accountability, innovation & team building, ensure they are coached & motivated to their full potential, provide career growth/professional development counsel & opportunities.
- Working closely with Senior Management in strategic planning & tactical execution regarding IT roadmap initiatives, financial planning, & compliance mandates.
- Cooperating closely with key stakeholders, especially with local management in Customer Services & Operations, & with our global Information Security team.
- Simplifying in-office infrastructure, internal company system/applications & production services, through effective use of IaaS, PaaS & SaaS tools wherever possible.
- Managing good relationship with suppliers & service providers for Corporate IT. Developing & maturing strategic partner relationships & seeking efficiency & value.
- Managing risk & compliance requirements associated with all Corporate IT provided systems & services.
- Hiring & retaining top engineering talent, fostering a high-performance culture in teams & individuals.
Skills & Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability & skills to work in a dynamically growing environment & willing to implement change & scalable innovative IT solutions.
- Subject matter expertise across critical components of IT (e.g. infrastructure, internal applications, IT operations, IT finances & expenses, end user computing, messaging, enterprise architecture, testing).
- Significant experience in operating sophisticated technical solutions with a focus on Windows & Linux Servers, Windows, Linux & Apple Desktops, Microsoft Office365 & Google GSuite collaboration systems.
- A record of success in leveraging both traditional best practices, such as IT service management practices based on ITIL, as well as emerging methods like DevOps that are optimized for agility.
- Deep technical knowledge including modern engineering technologies & practices. Significant experience in high scale Corporate IT environments.
- Proven experience as an effective people leader with a track record of building capability through developing people & optimising team performance.