This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. Youll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness & transparency. With the energy of a startup & the scale of the Fortune One, its the ultimate innovators playground.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Image Editor is responsible to reviewing every image created in the studio by a team of staff photographers as well as reviewing vendor provided & Looklet imagery. The focus of the job is to prepare the images for publication to one or more of our ecommerce sites. This position also maintains quality assurance for off shore retouching services.
Any additional required corrections will need to be made using advanced Photoshop techniques such as clipping paths, balancing backgrounds, eliminating unwanted imperfections, wrinkles, dust & rigging tools. The technical ability of this associate will provide the critical consistency of all images. This associate will also maintain the image database that resides in the studio & prepare image transfers to production applications. The environment is extremely fast paced by photography standards with an average item count over 50 items/bay for fashion & 30-40 items/bay for still life.
You are a risk takera dreamer who delivers. You have big ideas & can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know whats happening in the world. You have a passion for innovation in eCommerce.You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
- Retouching & color correction for items shot in our studio
- Ensure proper naming & quality control for RTW, laydown & still items shot in our studio
- Ensure proper naming & quality control for vendor supplied images
- Ensure quality control for images processed by offshore partners, including Looklet
- Bachelors degree in Photography, Computer Graphics, or Graphic Arts or related field
- 3+ years experience in photo & image production or related field OR 3+ years experience in photo & image production or related field.
- Superior knowledge of Photoshop & excellent photo-retouching skills necessary. Retouching skills include but are not limited to; creating good selections, masking, dropping in backgrounds, cropping, color correcting, curves/levels adjustments, liquefying, compositing & using history states.
- 3+ years experience in digital imagery post-production.
- Video Editing experience using Final Cut Pro is a plus
- 2 years experience working on cross-functional teams.
- 3 years experience working with content management systems, digital asset management systems, & workflow tools (for example, Microsoft Office Suite, Excel) including experience on both Mac & PC hardware.
- 2 years experience in retail marketing, merchandising, or related field.
- 3 years experience working with imagery software (for example, Adobe Creative Suite), including experience with non-destructive photo manipulation & retouching, & large batch processing.
Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member - Reviews customer/member-focused data & adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes & supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations. Informs associates on how to identify & locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment - Identifies, reviews, & applies policies & procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies & uses facts, information, & expertise to set priorities & make informed decisions. Uses data & evidence to determine the causes of problems & develop solutions to address them.
Execution & Results: Manage Execution & Results - Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations & time requirements. Plans & manages own & others' time, based on business priorities, & follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely & accurate manner. Identifies & obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, & quality in work practices.
Planning & Improvement: Plan & Pursue Team-Based Improvement - Coordinates & aligns planning with organizational initiatives & direction. Looks at work plans & makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives. Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes & practices to increase performance & results
Influence & Communicate: Increase Commitment - Promotes ideas & links them to business needs & benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships & alliances with others, inside & outside of the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans & priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience & ideas with associates across the organization.
Ethics & Compliance: Manage Ethics & Compliance - Instructs associates on how to act in accordance with policies & procedures, & supports their efforts in doing so. Ensures associates demonstrate the highest standards of integrity & ethics in work situations. Corrects ethical & compliance issues, enforcing compliance & administering appropriate consequences as needed.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Lifts & carries equipment weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Enters & locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small or large groups & individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.