We believe the most powerful marketing happens in-person. Our mission is to develop the most innovative event technology on the planet to help marketers reach & engage their target audiences in-person. From simplifying event asset creation to capturing attendee insights & measuring event impact, Splash enables marketers to efficiently scale event programs & connect event-driven engagement to business results. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution & optimize performance.
About the Team & Position
Join our growing engineering team as we extend Splash into grand new markets. Our modular software & scalable cloud infrastructure allows us to be stable & flexible as we provide SaaS features to our free & paid clients. We deal in workflow, efficiency optimization, & bulk data manipulation. We are building out an API-driven service oriented architecture using PHP, Go, Python & more.
- You have 3 or more years of experience with back-end development.
- You have experience with PHP or other fantastic languages such as Python (but are interested in working a bit with PHP - its our primary backend language for now!)
- You have worked with large codebases; some monolithic; some distributed - all of which have been in production & in-use by real clients & customers
- You're up to date with what's going on in the back-end world & are eager to grow your engineering skills.
- You're an awesome communicator, enthusiastic, friendly & hardworking. You also command a great sense of humor.
- Bonus: you're open to learn & play in the full stack & with languages/frameworks , as it would increase your autonomy.
This role is based in our NYC office on 26th between 5th & 6th. We foster an environment of good vibes, support, encouragement, focus, collaboration & fun.
Our Back-end infrastructure is built with PHP using the Symfony Framework. As a good product-oriented company, we have 2 monoliths, an old one that feels a bit like the wild, wild west, & a more modern one that is highly structured leveraging fascinating patterns & conventions. Our vision for the future is continuously evolving, with plans to introduce microservices into our infrastructure this year. Our roles not only involve understanding & contributing quality code to our existing architecture, but also being an key part of the initiatives that will lead us forward.
Our team is global. You'll work (virtually) alongside engineers in Madrid & Lagos, in addition to the team in New York. Youll be responsible for assessing the complexity, design solutions for new features, implement, & iterate on your product. You'll have the opportunity to become the leader of your projects & other critical initiatives that are important to you & Splash.
The development & product teams are at Splash's core & contribute directly to the success of our team & company. We're proud to belong to a company where we continuously challenge each other to level up our skills & techniques - & we expect all our engineers to be inspired & evolve our conventions & tools.
- Youll have the option to work from home when you need to
- We'll support your participation in meetups & dev conferences
- A vibrant, energetic & diverse office atmosphere
- Spontaneous & planned events & off-sites with your team & company
If you want to know more or you'd like to join this great project & meet our brilliant, ambitious & hilarious team, send us your resume.
Your time at Splash will be some of the the most exciting, challenging & rewarding work you may ever do.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas & great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace & encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We cant wait to meet you.