Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Associate to join our Market P&L team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
As West Region Market P&L Associate, you will be responsible for working with the team to maximize risk-adjusted profitability across Oscars book of business through partnering with both network health system partners in existing markets & internal stakeholders. The role will combine responsibilities for managing relationships with our core partners as well as day-to-day project management & process improvement.
- Quickly develop an informed view of Oscars network architecture, core relationships, & high priority network operations functions & profitability opportunities.
- Begin to drive ongoing discussions & initiatives with key network partners.
- Become the go-to individual for key network partners on all things network operations including data integrations & other partnership initiatives.
- Interface with network contacts on insurance operations like claims, utilization management, & network adequacy, driving discussions & looping in Oscar experts as needed.
- Manage regular working sessions & quarterly executive meetings with network partners to drive integration projects & efficient resolution of operational issues.
- Shape, maintain & be accountable for aspects of the business plan for the West Region (CA, AZ, CO, & expanding).
- Develop & maintain relationships with key hospital system contacts & oversee relationships & transactions within your market.
- A bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a client-facing role, particularly with provider network operations preferred.
- Experience overseeing large projects that require strong organizational skills & collaborating with a broad array of different teams within an organization.
- Experience improving complex operational processes at scale.
- An MBA, MPH, MHA or other professional degree from a top-tier program with a clear track record of excellence.
- Experience with growth-stage enterprises & scaling departments & processes.
- Experience in the healthcare industry.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.