Position Description: Oktas Field Account Executives manage the sales processes for medium & large-sized customers. The right candidate for the position will enjoy closing new logos while simultaneously managing & expanding a book of install base customers. Our AEs organize & conduct sales presentations, site visits & product demonstrations to prospects & represent Okta in a consistent, effective & professional manner to best develop & win new clients.
Field Account Executives at Okta strive to help prospects & customers modernize IT, build customer experiences, & prevent breaches by mapping our solutions to their needs. By understanding the specific challenges that both prospects & customers are faced with, you will help them achieve the desired positive business outcomes with our solutions. You will cultivate tight-knit relationships with customers & key partners while maintaining knowledge of Oktas evolving technology. In this high-velocity role, expect to own deals from cradle-to-grave in collaboration with account teams, sales engineers, professional services, & partners.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage the full sales-cycle, including contract generation & other deliverables for closing
- Establish relationships with a variety of existing accounts
- Close new logo customers
- Meet/exceed quarterly sales goals
- Understand prospects & customers business needs & effectively communicate how Okta can solve them
- Use Salesforce.com for lead management & sales forecasting
- Prioritize opportunities & coordinate with sales engineering, sales development, & other internal teams to ensure a great customer experience
- Territory visits to meet customers face to face
- Develop & execute a comprehensive territory plan.
- 5+ years of sales & account management experience in a SaaS/Cloud B2B environment
- Prior experience working from required
- A successful track record of success selling in-territory to mid & large businesses
- ISV or Channel experience strongly preferred
- IT/Security sales experience strongly preferred
- Strong verbal & written communications skills
- Ability to travel 25%-30% if based in-territory; up to 60% if based out of territory
- Working experience with various sales training methodologies
- BS/BA degree required
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.