Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
This role is responsible for creating & implementing internal communications plans & related deliverables to help the business achieve strategic objectives & to drive employee engagement.
What you'll do here:
- You will provide communications counsel & support to leaders in various departments based on business needs & priorities.
- Develop communication objectives, strategies, & plans that help meet key communication needs.
- Ensure department initiatives & projects are successfully communicated at the company level, & ensure company-level messages are reflected in department-level communications from leaders.
- Identify communication needs of various internal audiences & ensure content reaches appropriate audiences by guiding distribution channel selection & release schedule (cascade).
- Write, produce, & disseminate content, including intranet articles, Slack messages, key messaging documents, FAQs, scripts for internal videos, presentations & virtual meeting/event support materials.
- Participate in communication measurement activities that help monitor effectiveness.
- Develop strategies to collect feedback & enable two-way communication.
- Share best practices with department partners to help improve communication effectiveness across the company.
- Ensure communications reflect the voice, tone, & culture of Mailchimp.
- Collaborate with HR partners on change management & organizational restructure initiatives.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have excellent written & oral communication skills. Experience writing for a variety of media & formats.
- Have demonstrated ability to convey complex information clearly & concisely.
- Ability to think creatively & work collaboratively from concept through execution & measurement. Must be flexible & able to adjust quickly to changing needs of the organization.
- Effective interpersonal skills & ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization, including executives. Must demonstrate professionalism & ability to explain communications strategies & techniques to them.
- Strong project management skills, comfortable determining relative priority of projects, & the ability to work under deadline. Ability to carry a significant writing & project workload.
- Fast-paced & self-motivating working style.
- Problem Solving/Critical Thinking approaches challenges & problems in a rational, thoughtful manner that assures understanding & effective resolution.
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English or related field required
- Five years of experience required, preferably developing & executing corporate and/or internal communications & facilitating change management.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.