The Marketing team at Squarespace is in the midst of an exciting period of growth. We are looking for a sharp & visionary content leader to help expand & scale our publishing & entertainment enterprise. The goal? To establish Squarespace as a premium, global content brand. You will lead a team of content marketers, editors, writers & social media strategists to scale the quality & quantity of our publishing, expand distribution through external partners & new formats, & launch new channels, all with the purpose of driving audience engagement, content consumption, brand favorability, & increased revenue.
While this collaborative leader should possess impeccable editorial skills this role requires deep expertise in fueling growth, specifically scale & distribution. You will lead your team & partner with cross functional collaborators such as our award-winning creative department & product leads to open up new avenues across emerging (audio, streaming, thought leadership, experiential) & established SQSP formats (blog, CRM, long-form video, social). The ideal candidate is deeply interested in content & culture, & understands how to motivate a team to produce & amplify exceptional work that makes an impact & engages our community.
You will report into the Head of Brand Strategy, Content & Partnerships.
- Help guide a system & culture of content creation that embodies our brand, provides value to our community, & aligns with our larger business goals
- Demonstrate expertise & lead strategic & complex initiatives that have impact on our direction for entertainment & publishing
- Partner with team members to analyze & evaluate workflows & recommend operational enhancements to improve efficiency
- Bring a passion for innovation & content management, capable of partnering with others to develop requirements & project managing those solutions through to successful implementations
- Drive & maintain key metric reporting & cost analyses to help optimize & iterate on the content strategy & to devise go-to-market localization efforts by market, globally
- Select, attract, motivate, retain, & develop team members. Mentor to support their performance & development
- Serve as a go-to contact with executive management of partner organizations & independently navigate relationships across functions & geographies
- Identify & pursue long-term opportunities based on research, analysis, & strategic view of the market
- 10+ years of experience in content development/management or growth/distribution. Foundations in journalism, publishing, or new media preferred
- Experience building, launching, & scaling products. Proven record of developing & executing new content series & content partnerships.
- Experience expanding content to global audiences -- through partnerships, global contributors, localization.
- Experience working with publishers & content producers related to digital distribution business models
- 2+ years of experience motivating & leading a high performing team
- Experience influencing & communicating cross-functionally & with management at all levels
- An entrepreneurial mindset, a penchant for experimentation, & a bias towards action
- Innovative & culturally attuned content perspective. Experience working at a media brand, preferably across various mediums & styles including tech, lifestyle, news, etc.
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,100 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.