Engineering Manager, Payments Products
The Commerce Transaction Platform team is looking for an experienced & passionate engineering manager to build the organization & processes for new payments products for hundreds of thousands of businesses that rely on Squarespace to build their online presence & transact with their customers.
Our team is a cross functional group of accomplished people who build the experiences & services necessary to guarantee a reliable & delightful experience from the moment a shopper starts to buy a product from a merchant to the moment they receive their purchase. Our platform powers a wide array of products like scheduling, e-commerce, member area, subscriptions, point of sale etc. We believe that a great product doesn't stop at a great user experience; it needs to have a great scalability, reliability & developer experience too.
You will report directly to the Engineering Manager for the Commerce Transactions Platform team. This position can be a full-time remote position OR located in New York.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID19.
You'll Get To
- Lead the engineering team that builds payments products.
- Work with experienced Product Manager & Design to create product strategies that impact hundreds of thousands of businesses & their customers.
- Work with world class managers & directors to shape the organization, processes & culture of our commerce platform.
- Mentor engineers to develop their skill & expertise in the world of software development & payments products.
Who We're Looking For
- 7+ years of experience in the software industry
- 3+ years of experience launching payments products
- Experience developing & launching FinTech products & infrastructures.
- Experience coaching engineers with diverse specialties.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to keep products compliant
- Experience scaling up teams & organizations
- Experience working with Adyen & Stripe platform is a huge plus
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.www.squarespace.com.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.