Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology & a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, & best customer service in the industry. And as if that isnt enough, its really just the beginning. Hippos true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
The Product Manager, platforms, is a key member of the fast-moving product management team at Hippo. This role is the gateway for creating new standards in the Insurance industry by building & shipping the future state insurance as a service products. These will be achieved by leveraging the foundations built on shared data, insurance, risk & underwriting platforms.
You are an experienced product manager with a strong insurance industry background & relentless customer focus. You thrive on the ownership of high-profile product launches, while influencing cross-functional stakeholders, & driving data- & metrics-driven business decisions. You demonstrate tenacity, resilience, & leadership enabling you to organize & lead projects, overcome challenges, & propose solutions.
What Youll do:
- Drive the roadmap for our internal platforms related to Data, Analytics, Policy Admin, Reinsurance, Risk & related products
- Balance our products medium & long-term roadmap with its backlog of issues & bugs
- Execute against plans with engineering, design, analytics by making trade-offs, anticipating staffing needs, risks, & ensuring frequent & clear communication
- Collect & analyze feedback from our customers & key stakeholders to distill down into actionable requirements
- Lead product development ceremonies (daily stand, sprint planning, backlog grooming, facilitate retros, & any architectural discussions). Be an expert at prioritization.
- Manage internal & external stakeholder expectations & project scope throughout the delivery process. This includes building a roadmap with our leadership & operations team to help them deliver a first in class customer experience.
- Define OKRs, KPIs, product metrics & review data to come up with ways to improve & build new features
- BA/BS degree in relevant field with strong insurance & technical product expertise
- 5+ years of experience as a technical product manager, owning & driving significant cross-organizational & tech heavy projects
- Good understanding of P&C insurance processes & ability to translate complex ideas into product requirements & execute them in a fast paced startup environment
- Experience driving products that rely heavily on creating new experiences that cater to internal users such as underwriters, risk, claims & finance users
- Radical & creative thinking paired with strong execution.
- Comfort with rapidly changing business needs that is typical of a fast growing company
- Demonstrated quantitative & qualitative thinking.
- Able to quickly assess & understand complex systems, with high EQ ability to serve product ambassador to the rest of the organization.
Nice to Haves:
- Strong technical product experience at a hyper growth company
- Prior startup or financial service industry experience
- Experience working with & building products for internal sales & service teams
- Passionate about data driven products & rapid prototyping & testing
Compensation & Perks
- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5-minute walk from Caltrain
- Stocked kitchen & BBQ Fridays
- Flexible, uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Competitive salary based on experience & equity in a fast-growing startup
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, ltd, std, EAP, & flexible spending accounts