As Vias lead B2B marketing writer, you will create original, engaging, & data-driven content for our global organization. Your words & ideas will live across all channels including advertising, email, bylines, blog posts, whitepapers, sales collateral, & in places we havent even thought of yet. In collaboration with your marketing colleagues & various internal teams, the campaigns you bring to market will have a direct hand in building the brand, acquiring, & engaging new & existing partners, & telling the product story - while using thoughtful, clear, & sometimes unexpected insights. Youll define the editorial calendar, work with our data scientists & designers to build visual content, & bring to life the Via partnerships voice in your own unique way.
What Youll Do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional & cross-regional teams to write impactful, data-driven content that is specific & nuanced for a highly-diversified audience.
- Edit, & edit again, drafts from colleagues, improving each version while helping others find their voice & refine their own style while staying on-brand. Spot typos & grammar problems a mile away, while also editing for storytelling, clarity, & voice.
- Be curious: digging into the data & the policy, we want you to uncover insights, look at topics in a different way than whats obvious, & then go write about it.
- Get creative: not all great ideas manifest themselves as a 800 word byline. Partnering with illustrators & web designers, invent new ways to bring your stories to life through graphics, videos, presentations, engaging web pages, interactive maps, & more.
- Identify & pursue opportunities for scaling our content, including transcreating for various languages & regions.
- Project manage a robust & ever-shifting editorial calendar, including deadlines across a team of collaborators.
- Mentor & guide junior team members to become great.
Who You Are:
- A seasoned storyteller: you have at least 5 years B2B copywriting or content marketing experience. Youve got a portfolio full of clips that demonstrate your command of language.
- A proud data geek: numbers excite you, & youre comfortable diving head first into complex reports & Tableau dashboards. Your analytical expertise allows you to turn data into insights & insights into stories.
- A humble hard worker: sometimes youll be writing a revolutionary article backed by the coolest custom graphics & animations sometimes youll be writing marketing emails & slides. No job is too big or too little.
- An adept manager: you enjoy working with & mentoring others. Youre good at giving feedback about your teams written work as well as coaching them to present & lead.
- A WFH champ: you are self-motivated & comfortable working from your couch (for now), & dont mind collaborating with colleagues mostly over Zoom & Slack until we can, one day, work side by side again.
- A nice person: youre adaptable, good-natured, & not easily rattled. Youve got a solution-oriented mindset under pressure.
- Fierce manager of time: you know the difference between the project that should take a week & the one that should take a day. And you dont sacrifice quality along the way.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Transit evangelist: if you love transportation systems, urban planning, infrastructure, or policy, we certainly want to hear from you.
- Technical fluency: the willingness & ability to dive into CMS & marketing automation systems like WordPress, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, or Pardot is a big plus. If not, dont worry well teach you anyway.
- Management or mentorship experience: if youve led a team of any size, or helped guide others in their careers in another way, lets talk.
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems & sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized & customizable solutions for each & every one of our global partners (100 & counting, last we checked)
Long story short: were very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world & modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance. Via is an equal opportunity employer.