Squarespace Customer Operations empowers users through scalable self-help tools, personalized support, & customer advocacy. Customer Operations runs 24/7 with about 400 people between New York, Dublin & Portland & a remote workforce. Working within Customer Operations, the Content team produces help guides for the more than two million people who use Squarespace to carve out their piece of the web. We're customer advocates, & we're on a mission to help them succeed.
As a Help Content Technical Writer, you'll create, & improve, help content with customer needs, internal feedback, & efficiency in mind. You'll work with your manager & teammates, ensuring your guides are accurate & aligned with Squarespace style & industry best practices. Our knowledge base is in an exciting growth stage as we scale up to support a multi-product platform, & there's a lot of room for ownership & developing expertise. You're perfect for this role if you're a strong technical writer & editor who takes end-to-end responsibility for complex projects, incorporates high-level strategy to support department & company goals, & promotes innovation, thoughtful risk-taking, & inclusivity.
You'll report directly to the Team Manager, Content, & can be based in our New York, Portland, or Dublin offices, or remotely in an approved state (see application question).
- Write & refine help guides about Squarespace products, explaining complex concepts & steps in clear & accessible language
- Take full ownership of content on specific areas of the platform
- Build relationships with stakeholders & SMEs in Product, Product Support, Product Marketing, & Engineering
- Give feedback to teammates through rotating peer reviews, & contribute to the onboarding & development of newer writers
- Support company initiatives impacting customer success & business outcomes through help content strategy
- Help evolve the voice of Squarespace Customer Operations
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of technical writing experience, creating content for non-technical users in internet, consumer tech, web publishing, SaaS, or a related field
- Experience building content strategy for specific features or product areas
- Comfortable checking your ego at the door; working constructively with multiple stakeholders to make content perfect
- Drive to simplify & iterate
- Experience using metrics to guide strategic content decisions
- Experience with help/documentation CMS, project management, & bug-tracking software
- Comfortable working in basic HTML
- Experience marketing & selling products or services online is a major plus
- Experience working with CMS product vendors or similar
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.