Index Exchange is an innovative & fast-growing Canadian success story with engineering at the core of everything we do. The software you will touch handles 70+ billion complex transactions per day, 24/7/365 & impacts thousands of users across the globe.
Were looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is eager to demonstrate technical insight, who writes quality code & enjoys collaborating with other engineers to join our IX Library team. We build solutions to interesting problems- developing more efficient & optimized ways to call additional demand sources in the real-time bidding process on our platform.
Heres What We Want:
- Problem Solvers: You are persistent when seeking answers & providing solutions to simple & complex problems.
- Collaborators: You enjoy working with other engineers when finding creative ways to solve problems. You work with them in a very friendly environment, sharing ideas & learning during the process.
- High quality: You bring a high-quality set of standards for designing, writing & testing superior & scalable code. You have a good handle in CI & CD DevOps practices.
- Resourcefulness: You show initiative & lead the search for solutions to problems independently & at the same time, you share with your colleagues. You keep searching & learning about the latest technologies for continuous growing & remain current on best practices & industry trends.
Heres What Youll be Doing:
- Create features using brand new cutting-edge technology (as well as improving some legacy code)
- Make use of your engineering knowledge, while you design the best way to implement a piece of code
- Maintain existing code, finding ways to enhance its performance, functionality, etc.
- Perform unit testing, integration testing, regression testing, & automate your cases
- Assess & estimate your work
- Work in a collaborative environment to design & release new features, as well as improve existing ones
- Deploy code to various environments.
You will also:
- Participate in development & architecture work groups outside your team
- Shape & maintain documents for coding practices, environment setup, system architecture, etc.
- Identify room for improvement in our engineering & non-engineering processes
Heres What You Have:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a software engineer
- Positive attitude & ability to learn (new technologies, new ways to work)
- You are team-oriented & embrace change.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to think differently, & an understanding that compromise, negotiation & practicality are important qualities
- Proficiency with web development languages, schemas & frameworks, including:
- Vanilla JS / TypeScript
- Angular, or any other (React, Vue, Ember, Meteor)
- CSS Frameworks like Bootstrap 4
- Experience using version control (Git)
Understanding & hands on experience with all aspects of developing end-to-end web applications & microservices. This includes architecting, coding, debugging, optimizing/refactoring, automated testing, & deploying of:
- RESTful APIs
- Our codebase runs on NodeJs, & some in GoLang, but we are happy to talk to engineers who are proficient in any back-end technology & willing to learn.
- Modular, extensible, reusable, maintainable, performant & testable code
- Automated testing platforms & unit tests
- Relational (MySQL or similar) & document (MongoDB or similar) DBs.
General computer science / engineering knowledge:
- Algorithms, design patterns, software architecture, etc.
- Familiarity with Docker, CI / CD pipelines, Kubernetes
- Ability to be flexible & take the initiative to learn new things fast even if you havent seen it before
- Agile development methodologies
Heres Why Youll Love Working Here
- Our offices speak to who we are: wide-open spaces where we can freely collaborate
- We offer free snacks, drinks, & catered lunches on Fridays
- We have flexible hours & no dress code
- Annual celebrations (BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) & milestone outings
- Career mentoring & skills training
- The ability to work on high performing software that processes enormous data volumes
- Paid vacation, unlimited sick days, & 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental & paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous & flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships & classes
Each member of the IX team is expected to take ownership & contribute from day one, as our business & industry is moving too quickly for red tape or bureaucracy. We take great pride in welcoming, respecting & developing every employee. We arent perfect at everything, but we work hard to constantly learn & improve. We promote a work environment in which we can collaborate & learn from one another.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees & communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing & promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity & inclusion are essential to motivate, empower & recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing access & reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if youd like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).