Accounts Receivable Specialist
MakeSpace is a venture-backed startup redefining the storage offering. The $34B storage industry is ripe for disruption: antiquated business practices, nefarious pricing & a truly horrific customer experience. MakeSpace is quickly overtaking the category with rapid growth in New York, Chicago, DC & Los Angeles. Our business provides truly customer-centric offering & fair pricing, powered by advanced technology & modern business practices. With this exceptional consumer product & strong business framework, we have massive opportunity to scale & grow.
The opportunity :
MakeSpace is a looking for a contract to hire Accounts Receivable Specialist with a passion for managing receivables in a fast paced, exciting environment.This is a 3 months temporary contract followed by a permanent position. You will research, resolve, & communicate accounts receivable issues related to customers accounts. This includes, but is not limited to contacting customers to discuss past due accounts, process payments utilizing various operating systems, process invoices, research payment disputes, handle collections.
What youll be doing :
- Contribute to all aspects of the Accounts Receivable process
- Receive, reconcile, & prepare past due accounts
- Respond to customer requests for account information & communicate copies of invoices
- Resolve discrepancies & maintain A/R customer files
- Document & retain results of customer interactions
- Summarize observations from calls with customers & suggest process & product improvements to prevent delinquencies
Who you are :
- 1+ year of experience in an Accounts Receivable role or 2+ years of experience in a phone-based Service or Sales role in an office environment
- Experience working independently & succeeding against set goals
- A hard-working problem solver with strong communication skills & a positive attitude
- Ability to remain compassionate yet resilient in escalated customer communication
What you'll get:
- Competitive base hourly rate + monthly incentives bonus
- The opportunity to become a permanent employee after 3 months
- Being involved in a new initiative with new processes to define
- A fun office in downtown Manhattan, always stocked with coffee, snacks & drinks; catered Wednesday lunch, happy hours, themed parties & more
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer & values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.