About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Role:
The site merchandising team is responsible for enhancing the overall product experience on the RTR website & app. We are responsible for managing the accuracy & set-up of our product database, measure the impact of those efforts & optimize accordingly. The site merchandiser delivers the right assortment strategy for each product & bring specific fashion moments to life via product curation & collections
This role opreates at the intersection between marketing, creative, data science & buyers to drive forward that the site merchandising strategy aligns with the overall business objectives. You will be responsible for maintaining optimal product visibility on the site & app & make adjustments based on inventory performance, search trends & seasonality changes.
This position requires extensive cross-functional communication, proven ability to make timely decisions & provide creative solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure customer experiences are seamless throughout the funnel through set-up & maintenance of product pages, designer pages & curated carousels.
- Manage aspects of item creation necessary to publish products to the website. Coordinating with cross functional teams (Buying, Studio, Merch Ops) to gather all necessary data for the product to go live on time.
- Work cross-functionally, especially with Buying & Marketing teams, to relentlessly maintain solid understanding of brand priorities & ever-changing product assortment to deliver appropriate representation on-site
- Partner with content marketing team to assist in developing new concept ideas to support new categories & trends within our navigation & homepages
- Provide business inputs & context to creative teams for execution, ensuring content is revenue-driving, on brand, & impactful.
- Identify opportunities for automation, & scale winning experiences
- Assist in daily marketing updates of the website by providing relevant category information to the marketing team
- Partner with site merch manager & the email marketing team to provide suggestions for email content as well as provide trending categories to support marketing initiatives
- Analyze site metrics, customer feedback & other related data to identify opportunities across product categories
- Provide thorough & timely QA for site content daily to ensure product data integrity
- Meet digital initiative deadlines. Take on additional projects, as needed
- Bachelors Degree & at least 2 years of site merchandising experience
- Strong computer skills are a must. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & PowerPoint knowledge is a must)
- Proven ability to interpret current fashion trends.
- Proficient with ecommerce tooling & ability to quickly learn how to navigate new programs.
- Can effectively cope with change & shift gears comfortably. Can make effective decisions without always having total picture
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Superior verbal & written communications skills
- Aptitude for being organized with flexibility & for delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Pro-collaborative personality; ability to use feedback from others in a constructive way
- Strong analytical skills & experience in Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics & CMS
- Youre a natural storyteller & love telling stories that bring products to life.
- Youre trend obsessed & have a strong aesthetic eye, & can combine analyses, content, product to create a site merchandising strategy that feels inspirational.
- You can communicate effectively with both technical & non-technical individuals, enabling you to earn trust at all levels.
- You have an incredible focus on operational excellence & can identify opportunities for efficiency & improvement.
- You believe in & prioritize the collective success of the team & are quick to jump in, help, partner, & support your fellow team members.