The backbone of the healthcare system is communication between patients & their doctors, among healthcare teams, & even between practices & third-party providers like pharmacies, labs, & insurance companies.
But healthcare communication today is broken. Its disconnected, siloed, antiquated, & highly inefficient & in worst-case scenarios, its even responsible for lost patient lives.
Were trying to fix that. Klaras mission is to transform communication in healthcare, so all patients can receive great care.
We believe that the future of healthcare will be amazing. It will be patient-centric & truly connected so medical teams can work together easily, information can be shared between people & systems seamlessly, & patients can always get the high-quality care that everyone deserves.
Though our mission is big, our team is still small. And thats where you come in.
We are a Series A startup thats growing quickly, with plenty of interesting challenges to tackle & foundations to build. Its an entrepreneurial environment filled with opportunities for personal growth, where there is no shortage of projects to own or game-changing ideas to suggest. We are autonomous, data-driven, humble, & transparent. We have a healthy irreverence for the status quo, & a relentless passion for making our users lives better. And we believe in the power of a talented team can accomplish anything even revolutionizing healthcare.
About the Role:
Customer success is the fundamental ingredient to a healthy fast-scaling company. Customers pay us over time, so Customer Success is absolutely vital to our long-term profitability. We will not succeed unless our customers receive massive value from our service. We need a senior executive to own driving success for our customers.
This role will manage a team of Customer Success Managers & report directly to the Cofounder. This role will also work closely with Sales, Marketing, & Product Development to improve the Klara customer experience for our customers.
- Be the voice of the customer: Identify & quantify the key factors for customer success. Communicate them effectively to drive the product sales. Contribute in creating a successful product road map & marketing services & messaging sequences. Gather customer feedback through surveys, interviews, & focus groups in order to keep the customer base satisfied.
- Drive Customer Success Outcomes: Influence lifetime value along the customer journey through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction & overall health scores. Increase renewals & drive revenue expansions through up-sells. Support new business growth through customer evangelism & references.
- Define & optimize the customer life cycle post sales: Own the entire customer life cycle right after the sale & throughout the duration of the subscription period. Map the customer journey with listening points (e.g., usage, satisfaction, etc.) & standardize interventions at each step respecting the different customer segments. Continuously identify opportunities for improvement & apply best practices.
- Build a customer success process machine: Own, manage & optimize all Customer Success Activities i.e. setup, training, customer support, post-onboarding & renewals, up-sell & evangelism. Continuously enhance processes through state-of-the-art technology & approaches with the mindset of building most effective & efficient Customer Success organization in the healthcare SAAS world.
- Measure effectiveness of Customer Success: Define operational metrics for the team as well as individual contributors & establish a tracking system. Create regular cadence to review metrics within the team. Expose & present appropriate highlight of metrics to the executive team, company & board.
- Build & lead a world-class Customer Success Team: Inherit our CS-team & build a roadmap for how to strategically recruit & fastly onboard new CS-members. Build career & development plans for team members in order to engage, retain & grow the CS organization.
- Inspire Customer Success Across the Company: Create company-wide culture of Customer Success. Align with Marketing around marketing to existing clients & ideal customer profile, with Product around driving product roadmap & having a continuous customer feedback loop, with Sales around up-sells & selling with a retention focus as well as with Finance around measurement & budgeting. Define & agree with executive team about key metrics & objectives.
- 5+ years of customer success / account management experience in B2B SaaS, minimum 3 years of experience in senior leadership positions for B2B technology companies (SAAS). Must have the understanding of the tech world.
- Strong ability to inspire & coach as a leader with a proven track record of hiring, managing, & leading high performance teams, both small & large teams
- Ability to communicate with senior executives & board members about Customer Success strategy, goals, results, ROI & more based off a rapidly evolving strategy.
- Strong understanding of budgets, business-planning, & metrics tracking
- Experience with quantitative & qualitative customer success research methodologies.
- Proficiency with statistics & an ability to understand statistical significance as it applies to tests
- Excellent executive communication skills including the ability to summarize, present & prioritize Customer Success initiatives.
- A demonstrated history of being a team player, & desire to jump in & gettin your hands dirty
- Experience building a customer success process machine for customer success & applying optimization tests along the various stages of the customer life cycle.
- Previous experience working at a Health Tech or Healthcare company is a nice to have.
- Ideally combined background of post-sales & sales experience
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue & scalable processes
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Relevant Bachelors degree; preference for computer science or related degrees