Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Director of Capital Planning to join our Commercial Finance team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
We brought together leaders from top technology, service, healthcare, & insurance companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
We are looking for a Director of Capital Planning. In this role, you understand Oscars business goals, how to build efficient & repeatable processes & the importance & best-practice in solvency & risk management.
You will report into the Head of Capital & Risk Management.
- Manage the robust build of financial forecasting & scenario analysis capability
- Support internal & external needs for financial & capital forecasts including regulatory requests, ERM, FP&A, treasury, business & strategic planning
- Continue enhancement of forecasting functionality with the goal of improving efficiency, quality
- Build sustainable forecast model leveraging in-house actuarial, data & technology capability & platforms
- Manage the build of statutory capital management framework to support insurance business growth needs, business plans, & capital efficiency
- Monitor current & forecasted capital levels, with key assumptions & inputs fully aligned with financial close & budget processes
- Prepare annual Capital Plan & quarterly capital & liquidity dashboards for Board reporting
- Collaborating with risk management & reinsurance teams, conduct statutory capital analyses to identify opportunities for improving insurance company capital efficiency
- Responsible for policies & procedures for proper capital management governance
- Support strategic firm initiatives by providing subject matter expertise on capital requirements
- Prepare research on industry trends & peer analysis
- Work closely with key Finance partners & cross-functional teams to produce & review financial & capital implications in support of strategic plan
- Communicate & review with business, executives, board of directors, & key state regulators, assuring optimal production (timing & quality) & consistency of information reported to all internal & external stakeholders.
- 7+ years of experience in the insurance industry
- Capital planning or capital management experience
- Statutory insurance capital management experience
- Experience working with large datasets & distilling analyses into actionable business insights
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Experience working with NAIC, statutory regulators & stress testing
- Experience working with a variety of capital regimes
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.