SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, & thriving communities. As one of the worlds most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalog of music, & an artist services & distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
SoundCloud is looking for a full-time Head Of Digital Marketing. This role is based in our Los Angeles or New York office. The position will lead the labels direct relationships with digital partners. This position will also be in charge of creating streaming strategies tailored to individual artist campaigns while educating the team on the latest developments in the streaming & digital space. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years music business experience in the streaming ecosystem. Familiarity with Soundclouds voice, ethos, fan base & our artists music is essential. This position reports to the Head Of Marketing.
- Lead the development & execution of creative & compelling digital marketing campaigns for new releases & other label initiatives.
- Help build out digital marketing team for the roster business
- Oversee implementation of creative marketing strategies by digital project managers & optimize department processes, including the execution of campaigns across all social platforms including Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok etc.
- Oversee digital advertising planning to grow our audiences & promote our campaigns.
- Develop & maintain systems for measuring analytics to optimize ROI
- Create detailed reporting of all marketing work on individual campaigns to share with internal teams & artists management
- Develop & maintain contacts in the creative services (e.g. video directors, animators, videographers, photographers, designers, etc.) & oversee creation of creative content including music videos, online campaigns & other promotional marketing assets.
- Analyze streaming data & advise regarding strategy & opportunities.
- Monitor SEO & metrics
- Oversee implementation of best practices
- Interface with artists, managers, publicists, booking agents, radio promotion & other 3 rd party partners.
- Analyze & quantify success & efficiency of digital advertising, social engagement & conversion & partnerships
Experience & Background:
- 5+ years professional experience at record label or equivalent with focus in digital marketing & streaming
- Strong work ethic & organization skills with ability to thrive in high-paced work environment, multi-task & prioritize
- Strong relationships with digital partners & platforms, in the US & internationally
- Deep knowledge of analytic tools available on social platforms & ability to clearly communicate insights from available data
- Contacts in the creative services arena (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, designers, etc.)
- Resourceful at working within independent label budgets.
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York & Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), & the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate & connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity & inclusion at all levels of our organization & fostering a community where everyones voice, perspective & experience is respected & heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops & enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, & vision plans, as well as mental health resources
- Robust 401k program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity & Wellness benefit!
- Flexible vacation & public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- 16 paid weeks for all parents (birthing & non-birthing), regardless of gender, to welcome newborns, adopted & foster children
- Various snacks, goodies, & 2 free lunches weekly when at the office
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us lead whats next in music by understanding & empowering our creators & fans, no matter their identity. We acknowledge the challenges in the music industry, & strive to influence an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute respectfully & thrive, especially the historically marginalized communities that many of our creators, fans & SoundClouders identify with. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment at SoundCloud for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group. Diversity Resource Groups are employee-organized groups focused on supporting & promoting the interests of a particular underrepresented community in order to build a more inclusive culture at SoundCloud. Anyone can join, whether you share the identity or strive to be an ally.