Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
At Guardant Health, we are committed to positively & significantly impacting patient health through technology breakthroughs that pointedly address long-standing unmet needs in oncology. As the leader in the liquid biopsy field Guardant Health has information about the mutational landscapes of over 30,000 patients.
As anAccessionerwe are looking for someone who will be a vital link between internal Customer Service & the Clinical Lab personnel. The Accessioner is responsible for receiving, unpacking, processing & recording samples sent for laboratory testing. The Accessioner has demonstrated a good understanding of laboratory workflow. In addition to the primary role of sample accessioning, there will be a need to provide back-up support to the Clinical Lab personnel on an as-needed basis.It is imperative that the Accessioner have demonstrated the ability to work independently, but also function effectively as a member of the Guardant Health team. The nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written & verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task & be flexible with tasks & schedules, & the ability to work independently in a team environment.
As part of the Accessioning Team, you will be responsible for:
- Support the Clinical Lab personnel with sample intake, accessioning & plasma isolation
- Receive, unpack & process incoming clinical specimens
- Enter & verify data in the LIS database
- Prepare samples for testing by centrifuging & isolating plasma from whole blood
- Resolve & document incomplete or unacceptable specimens
- Aliquot specimens & manage sample storage inventory
- Create sample batches, print labels & label tubes & batches
- Perform equipment maintenance & maintain equipment logs & records
- Keep laboratory equipment in good working condition by applying quality control measures, such as sterilization & greasing to avoid damages
- Support the administrative functions of the lab as required
- Check, monitor & record temperature & perform root cause analysis of deviations & implement a resolution or initiate a service request when necessary
- Clean racks & other laboratory supplies
- Carry out & maintain sufficient inventory of laboratory stock for daily operations.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications
- Assist with training of new laboratory personnel & training of new procedures with existing personnel
If you are a dedicatedAccessionerwith the following experience who holds:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field preferred
- Previous laboratory work experience with sample intake, accessioning & plasma isolation, preferred
- Experienced with centrifuging & isolating plasma from whole blood, preferred
- Well versed in supporting the clinical lab personnel, preferred
- Knowledgeable of SCIENTIFIC AREA OF a Clinical Lab
- Familiar with documenting all corrective actions taken
- Strong computing skills, especially databases
- Dedicated to making a difference
- Driven to make a positive impact in cancer diagnosis & treatment
- Great communicator with great written & verbal fluency in English
- Detailed oriented with an appetite to drive tasks to completion
- Ability to work well in a rapid-pace startup environment
- Ability to work well in a group
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/