Accelerate your career by joining Okta, the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise, as a member of our growing commercial legal team as Corporate Counsel. The Corporate Counsel will play a key role in growing Oktas regional presence in EMEA by supporting Okta and, in the near term, Oktas newly acquired affiliate Auth0s local Sales, Professional Services & Partner organisations in structuring & closing outbound commercial agreements. Were looking for a strong transactional counsel, with excellent business judgment & problem-solving skills, whos highly collaborative with a passion for technology & closing sales deals. Youll provide strong legal guidance, structure deals, & draft & negotiate outbound commercial agreements.
- Work closely with local Sales teams to negotiate, draft & finalize Master Subscription Agreements, Data Processing Addendums, Professional Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Non-disclosure Agreements, channel-related agreements & other types of commercial agreements, as required in the EMEA region.
- Partner with local Deal Desk & Sales Operations to support end-to-end contract close process.
- Provide strategic support & counsel to Finance, Revenue Operations, Sales Operations, Product teams, & other relevant stakeholders to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies & processes.
- Serve as a trusted partner to Sales & other internal business constituents in supporting our customer base to ensure continued customer success & satisfaction, while serving as a steward of Oktas interests.
- Handle a variety of ad-hoc projects across the department supporting business, legal, & strategic corporate initiatives in the EMEA region.
- Champion Oktas core values & serve as a cultural ambassador in the region.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years of relevant commercial transaction experience negotiating & closing complex enterprise technology agreements, technology licenses, data privacy terms & professional services agreements including accompanying statements of work.
- 2+ years of in-house experience with a software or technology company.
- Strong knowledge of data privacy regulations.
- Able to demonstrate a successful track record supporting enterprise sales professionals & proven ability to work effectively across multiple departments by building & maintaining strong relationships with business partners within a global organization.
- Excellent communicator, strong negotiator & detail-orientated drafting skills.
- Experience reviewing & negotiating channel agreements related to distribution, resell, professional services, referral, MSP, & technology partnerships.
- Responsive, accountable, growth mindset, with the ability to organize, prioritize & manage competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong academic background, & admission to the Bar/roll of solicitors in a European jurisdiction.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Fluency in one or more other European languages.
- Legal qualification or admission in Ireland, Spain or Italy.
- Previous experience working for a U.S. based company.
- Prior M&A integration experience.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.