Stores at Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway has been at the cutting edge of brick-and-mortar retail for many years, experimenting with various concepts including appointment studios, dream closets, & pop ups. Our retail stores are the ultimate extension of our closetless vision - serving as inventory hubs & last mile fulfillment, pick up & drop off centers, appointment studios, & event & community space. We have a growing footprint of 5 retail closets across key markets in the United States.
RTR stores are powered by seamless technology that enables us to provide white glove customer service - including self service fulfillment, an innovative fitting room experience, & QR code customer identification. While we are passionate about technology, the heart & soul of Rent the Runway is in our team. Our retail teams are full of passionate, customer-centric individuals who are obsessed with providing the best possible experience for our customers. We believe that no issue is too big, & every customer interaction is an opportunity to help change the way women get dressed. From subscription swaps to styling sessions, our retail team is the front lines of our brand & we are excited to be building this team with amazing dynamic talent that believes in our vision for retail.
As the New York Flagship Store Experience Manager, you will be responsible for leading a business with untapped potential, as a key player in the growth of the RTR retail landscape. You will work to develop a customer-centric team while ensuring that the store is an active member of the community! Do you think you have what it takes to dream big in our dream closet?
- Responsible for building a high performance team of managers, leads & specialists, while acting as a mentor & creating & maintaining a talent pipeline.
- Act as a mentor & point person to the team by providing guidance, constructive feedback, & demonstrating strong problem solving abilities in a customer facing environment
- Create & implement trainings to drive a customer-first culture in store
- Actively communicates to RTR corporate on opportunities in customer service, marketing & technology to better service our in-store & online customers
- Ensure that store team is in compliance with all company policies & procedures, & support Regional Director in relevant projects
- Ability to deliver 5 star service to each & every customer while scaling our repeat business.
- Ensures customer expectation is exceeded at each visit & maintaining an environment focused on the customer first model
- Present on the retail floor, as a floor manager for a minimum of 25 hours per week
- Proactively demonstrates a go the extra mile mindset
- Be inventive & create additional business opportunities while supporting our growing subscription model
- Lead & execute marketing & promotional events
- Achieve or exceed financial plans through effective planning & management to grow the retail business, & ensure disciplined control of all store expenses & payroll
- Create & implement strategies to further subscription model
- Exceed expectations in customer satisfaction metrics
- Maintain positive online reputation on various outlets
- Responsible for meeting store goals & key metrics while holding team members accountable for overall & individual goals
- Under the direction of the Regional Director, performs/completes other additional projects, duties, & assignments as required and/or by request
- Ensure that Company standards are upheld in merchandising, visual presentations, housekeeping & loss prevention
- Ensure operational excellence with regard to all back of the house operations including stockroom maintenance, merchandise paperwork, payroll, & scheduling
- Ensure all opening & closing store procedures occur in a timely & efficient manner
- 7 plus years management experience in the service or fashion industry (depending upon the volume of the business) with a proven track record of successfully managing a team
- Ability to multi-task & coordinate ongoing projects, plans & people development
- Works well under pressure & meeting tight deadlines
- Love of brainstorming, problem-solving, being creative & resourceful
- Training, interviewing, planning, organizational, & performance management skills
- Technically savvy & proficiency with MS Office; Outlook, Excel, Word
- Strong analytical & communication skills - verbal & written
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to react to business trends & identify areas of opportunity
- Proven track record in attendance & performance
- Dedicated to high level of client service & revenue productivity
- Must be able to work while standing & walking & be able to lift approx 20 lbs
- Supplemental info: provide any other additional information (e.g. access to vehicle, ability to travel, etc.)
- Flexible schedule & ability to commit to a minimum of 45 hours per week including nights & weekends
About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors & built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable & high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build & scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.