This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, & try to have some fun too. Were creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Product Manager Infrastructure
Adyens payments platform & the Infrastructure team are growing at a fast pace. On a daily basis we ask ourselves: how do you maintain a payments platform which needs to process millions of transactions each day? How do you make sure that this platform is not only ready for todays volumes, but also ready for tomorrows?
The Infrastructure team is responsible for exactly that; building out & maintaining the infrastructure which hosts our payments platform. An infrastructure which is required to be up 24/7, so merchants can always proces payments. On a daily basis the Infrastructure team works on a broad range of topics: from platform reliability to networking, & from data centers to big data platforms.
As Product Manager Infrastructure you will work with your technical counterparts on building & maintaining the infrastructure behind the state-of-the-art payments platform. You will primarily focus on managing large projects, prioritizing among different tasks, & making sure all teams & stakeholders are aligned. Stakeholders range from infrastructure engineers to software developers, & from product managers from other departments to the management team.
What youll do
- Coordinate across teams to move complex, technical projects forward, from their inception to launch.
- Prioritize among different tasks, making sure that imminent problems are resolved first, but the long-term is also taken care of.
- Establish ambitious but feasible goals together with the team & make sure theyre being achieved.
- Work with your technical counterparts to bring our internal infrastructure knowledge hub to the next level.
- Make sure new engineers are quickly brought up-to-speed when joining the Infrastructure team.
- Iterate on the organisation if required
Who you are
- You are fueled by curiosity, always on the lookout to learn something new, whether its payments, network topology, or data center deployment.
- You love working together with engineers & enjoy helping them move their projects forward. You take pride in putting your team first, & you value the team over your own ego.
- You dont sit around & wait until things happen by themselves. You go out there, from day 1, to get things done (even if that means giving the CEO a call in your first week).
- You are eager to ensure that we do not waste time reinventing the wheel, even across teams.
- You have a demonstrated passion for technology, either in a previous role, in your education, or in some sort of side gig.
- Experience as a product- or project manager in an innovative tech company is a plus.
- And ultimately, excellent written & verbal English communication skills are required, of course.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the worlds leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, & consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, & in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos & L'Oreal.
Our company culture
At Adyen our people are our greatest asset. Our unique company culture attracts the smartest people, who take initiative & ownership & can truly contribute to our fast growth. We believe that people reach the utmost if we give them freedom, opportunities & responsibility to build Adyen. Our culture is very informal & direct. We talk straight without being rude. We are extremely customer centric. We believe in teamwork, & dont like egos & hierarchy. When taking a decision we take them quickly but always involve others to further improve. We provide each other regular informal feedback & let everyone design their own growth path.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the link below. We cant wait to meet you!