Company Description|Job Description
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization - providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud & unstructured sources, & the agilest data services provisioning & governance - at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo's customers have gained significant business agility & ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web & cloud integration, single-view applications, & SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
Forrester recognizes Denodo as a leader in Data Virtualization & mentioned, Denodo is executing well on its vision to support more enhanced connectors & adapters to new sources; improve scale & performance to support complex & real-time analytics, & integrate with leading in-memory computing & cloud platforms."
Denodo is also included in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools.
The Senior Consultant Data Virtualizationwill be responsible for consulting, troubleshooting & empowering our clients using Data Virtualization.
Our customer's projects will include integrating data in a virtual manner for operational and/or informational purposes - Integration of multiple data sources for a Customer Service Multichannel IT Infrastructure; implementation of Logical Data Warehouses & Virtual Datamarts to enable modern Business Intelligence solutions, Integration Layers for Hadoop-based Data Lakes, & support for Agile Operational Reporting on a diverse Big Data infrastructure are just a few flavours of your future projects.
Denodo is always looking for technical, passionate people to join our Services Engineering team. We want a professional who will consult, support & troubleshoot to enhance our clients' journey around Data Virtualization.
Be part of an elite team in a rapidly growing international software product company. Your career with us will combine cutting edge technology, exposure to worldwide clients across all industries (Financial Services, Automotive, Insurance, Pharma, etc.), exciting growth path for technical, product & customer-facing roles, direct mentorship, & access to senior management as part of a global team.
Duties & Responsibilities
To be successful in this role you will require a combination of high technical expertise, troubleshooting skills & client management skills to conduct on-site & off-site consulting, product implementation & technical support. In this position you will work directly with engineers: our own staff, our partners, & our customers.
Product & technical knowledge:
- Obtain & maintain strong knowledge of the Denodo Platform, be able to deliver a superb technical pitch, including overview of our key & advanced features & benefits, services offerings, differentiation, & competitive positioning.
- Constantly learn new things & maintain an overview of modern technologies.
- Be able to address a majority of technical questions concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture & general feature / functionality of our product.
- Capable of building and/or leading the development of custom deployments based & beyond client's requirements.
- Provide timely, prioritized & complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding client's business cases, requirements & issues.
Presentation & organizational skills:
- Engage clients in the product architecture, configuration, & use of the Denodo Platform.
- Know when & where to escalate within the Denodo technical organization, & make effective use of those resources.
- Promote knowledge & best practices while managing deliverables & client expectations.
- Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the client & build problem-solving partnerships with the client, partners & colleagues.
- Provide technical consulting & support.
- Develop white papers, presentations, training materials or documentation on related topics.
- Experience Range: 3-15years (Fresh Graduates must be top-ranked & exceptionally qualified).
- University Degree relating to information systems or computer science (Bachelor, Master, Diploma).
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills to be able to interact with technical & business counterparts.
- Solid understanding of SQL & good grasp of relational & analytical database management theory & practice.
- Good knowledge of modern technologies such as JDBC, XML & Web Services APIs.
- Strong technical knowledge in modern architectures.
- Strong analytical & problem solving abilities.
- Active listener.
- Lots of curiosity. You never stop learning new things.
- Creativity. We love to be surprised with innovative solutions.
- Availability to be on-call during non-working hours.
- Willingness to travel.
- Be a team worker with positive attitude.
- Experience working with GIT or other version control systems.
- Experience working with BigData and/or noSQL environments like Hadoop, mongoDB, ...
- Experience working with caching approaches & technologies.
- Experience in Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems in server environments.
- Business software implementation & integration projects (e.g. ETL/Data Warehouse architectures, CEP, BPM).
- Integration with packaged applications (e.g. relational databases, SAP, Siebel, Oracle Financials, Business Intelligence tools, ).
- Industry experience in supporting mission critical software components.
- Experience in attending customer meetings & writing technical documentation.
- Foreign language skills are a plus.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value & welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, & we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.