Squarespace Corporate Development is seeking a Lead to join our growing team. The position is highly visible in the organization & involves frequent interaction with the leadership team as well as all other Squarespace staff levels. You will partner cross-functionally to build & execute the inorganic growth strategy for Squarespaces fast-paced, high growth business.
The Corporate Development Lead will be closely involved in all aspects of the deal process, including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale/pitch, financial modeling, valuation, due diligence & closing & integration activities. The person should be action-oriented & comfortable driving outcomes with all internal & external stakeholders. This role reports into the Head of Corporate Development & Investor Relations in New York.
- Drives & supports the identification, development, analysis & execution of M&A transactions
- Analyze industries, businesses, & new opportunities through strategic, financial & feasibility frameworks, applying sound business judgment & contributing M&A thought leadership
- Work with cross-functional diligence teams & leaders, including product, marketing, finance, legal, people, & others, to drive projects forward by synthesizing feedback, developing consensus, etc.
- Apply rigorous quantitative analyses to acquisitions & other strategic initiatives, including building 3-statement financial models & valuation methodologies with revenue, cost, & key operational drivers
- Research & diligence relevant industries to identify key trends, segmentation, value propositions, business models, the competitive landscape, etc.
- Source potential acquisition targets through proactive engagement & outreach to build a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Proactively seek ways to improve practices & processes to build out the corpdev competency
- Develop decision matrices & frameworks to analyze complex problems
- 7+ years total experience through a combination of investment banking, M&A, or private equity, with at least 3+ years in-house corporate development role(s) with direct buyside deal experience
- Worked with technology companies (consumer internet a plus) & SaaS business models w/ strong understanding of key software / SaaS business metrics & KPIs (e.g., ARR, billings/bookings to revenue conversion, ARPU, LTV/CAC, etc).
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders as well as with external CEOs/Founders, management teams & investors
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly & succinctly articulate complex problems & solutions/recommendations
- Exceptional analytical & financial modeling skills
- Highly proficient in Excel & presentation applications (i.e. Google Slides, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Team player, proactive & action oriented, with excellent judgment, the ability to anticipate needs, strong work ethic, & attention to detail
- Passion for learning about new technologies, products, & businesses, as well as from those around them
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.