Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy & confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, & offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, & invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, & results-driven.
Our store teams operate in environments fueled by our people-first employee experience philosophy rooted in authenticity, integrity, inclusion, equity, & empathy. As an Editor, it is your job to ensure the customer experience lives through with our product, its presentation, packaging, & care. Driven by an authentic desire to collaborate & engage with others, you will inspire & create exceptional experiences for our customers as they discover & deepen their connection with our brand through our products - whether in-store, picking up an online order, or processing a return or exchange. As an avid team player, you will collaborate with all members of the store team to ensure every customer touchpoint throughout their experience is cohesive & seamless. Known for being optimistic & able to find joy with everyday interactions, you will help set the tone for the overall culture within the store team - joy is our language! Editors will be part of a team of impassioned storytellers, driven by curiosity & the power of the Glossier community, reimagining the future of beauty one experience at a time.
Not new to the Glossier team? We welcome your application! Many of our Corporate Retail team members have joined within the last year & we would love to hear from you to get to know you (or get reacquainted). Please submit your candidacy for consideration!
As part of the stores team, you will be fully immersed in every aspect of our customers journeys as they visit our stores. Therefore, as an Editor, you will be trained in all aspects of the store operation, including our customer-facing & back-of-house operations. You will assist with coverage & will be equipped to work in both environments, front & back of the house. Having a holistic understanding of the customer journey, from start to finish, will strengthen our teams abilities when assisting customers with any & all inquiries - with leadership guidance & support as needed. Performance expectations include but are not limited to the following:
- Model & coach Glossiers customer experience principles, ensuring consistently memorable & inspiring experiences.
- Embody our core values of Devoted to the Customer, Inclusive, Courageous, Curious, & Discerning in everything you do.
- Become an expert on the entire portfolio of products, with an active working knowledge on product basics, key benefits, application, formula, customer recommendations, & care.
- Fulfill customer order requests in an expeditious, thoughtful, branded, & accurate manner.
- Develop & nurture relationships with repeat customers, frequently engaging them pre & post visits (communication on promotional events, follow-up on purchases, just checking in!).
- Master all of our customer service expectations, following our training fundamentals, becoming an exemplary Editor & advisor to new team members.
- Monitor customer feedback, working with your stores leadership team, to share information with key stakeholders accordingly.
- Become a brand ambassador, fully versed in all aspects of the Glossier brand & experience!
- Operate with optimism & joy having fun is not only allowed, its encouraged!
- Be a safety champion for all! Safely completing all work responsibilities & ensuring the work environment is free of safety hazards, immediately reporting any concerns to management when applicable.
- Partner with store leadership to effectively communicate feedback on inventory logistics, packaging, & customer feedback regarding their physical experience with our products.
- Serve as a product guru & an added resource for product demonstrations (especially for new hires, cross-training team members, or new product launches), in partnership with store leadership.
- Outstanding collaborator, able to partner with all members of the leadership & store team in the fulfillment of special projects and/or assignments.
- Strict adherence to safety standards (COVID-19) as defined by the store leadership team in accordance with public health guidelines, federal, & state guidelines.
- Restock & replenish inventory in accordance with business & operational standards by leveraging the expertise of inventory management systems, inventory reporting, & store logistics.
- Focus on inventory accuracy, following a meticulous, yet expeditious, mindset when fulfilling customer orders.
- Carefully receive, manage, & inspect shipment receipts to ensure accuracy & quality, & diligently report discrepancies accordingly.
- Active participant in visual projects (e.g., new display activations, floor moves, product launches, brand events, etc.).
- Uphold all uniform standards, closely following presentation guidelines.
- Become an expert in all operational procedures of the store, both front & back of house, with a focus on providing support to newly hired team members.
- Observe strict confidentiality, particularly as it pertains to handling sensitive information (such as credit card data, customer information).
- Skillful multitasker, able to accommodate multiple customer requests at a time without compromising service standards of excellence.
- Passion for creating memorable experiences through meaningful personal interactions.
- A true collaborator in nature, driven by the power of teamwork, who thrives in group settings.
- Positive, willing to learn & grow, & motivated to perform in fast-paced environments.
- Highly adaptable with an impeccable ability to multitask.
- An advocate for all members of our community, promoting inclusion & belonging always.
- Demonstrated ability to show empathy & understanding while still driving action.
- Driven by operational excellence, understanding the logistics of a retail operation in order for the customer experience to be one that is operationally seamless & memorable.
- Desire & willingness to roll up your sleeves & jump in when the situation requires it.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, & bank holidays required.
- Prior experience with POS (point of sale) or inventory management systems a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in a fast-paced retail or hospitality environment a plus.
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer & will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
Founded in 2014, Glossier is a digital-first, growth-stage beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy & confidence in their personal beauty style. We build products & experiences inspired by our community, & are reimagining the beauty shopping experience with a people-first approach to discovery, both online & offline.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.