Convene is looking for a passionate & innovative Associate Interior Designer who creates workplace or hospitality design solutions that surprise & delight end users. Do you thrive in an environment of collaboration, entrepreneurship, & innovation? Do you understand, value, & practice Human Centered Design thinking? If yes, come join us at Convene.
As a successful candidate, you:
- Have demonstrated success in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Are interested in solving challenging problems with a variety of solutions
- Take ownership of projects & drive them to completion
- Raise the bar for yourself & others
- Enjoy wearing many hats & pitching in wherever help is needed, even if it means shuffling your own priorities on the fly
- Want to join a creative, dynamic, & innovative organization at the ground level
- Give & take constructive criticism as an opportunity to learn & grow
- A professional degree in interior design (preferred) or architecture
- 3 + years of experience
- Experience in hospitality interiors (preferred) and/or corporate interiors
- Strong knowledge of interiors, practices, & methods
- Understanding of space & furniture planning
- Understanding of & desire to create material & color palettes
- High level of creativity, innovative thinking, & problem solving
- Ability to communicate ideas quickly through sketches
- Understanding of use of narrative to create design concepts
- Ability to translate concepts into design vocabulary & details
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal, listening, & written)
- Presentation skills & ability to communicate ideas clearly & succinctly
- Highly collaborative & professional work ethic
- Self-driven with strong desire to learn
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD (2010 or better), Sketch Up, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, InDesign, & Illustrator
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
Other recent accolades include:
- 2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work
- 2018 Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- #30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee
- Supportive work environment & leaders who are focused on your professional growth
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth. Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Flexible PTO & family leave
- 401k match
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, & perspectives.