VICELAND, a multi-national television channel from Vice & A+E Networks, seeks a motivated, experienced Director of Finance to join our team. The role will play an integral part in the planning, communication & execution of the companys short & long-term financial strategies for the VICELAND business, as well as overseeing COGS & SG&A drivers. This position will work closely with the key VICELAND, Vice & A+E Corporate & Finance leadership to help identify & assess key drivers directly impacting the companys performance.
The ideal candidate will have experience in FP&A functions at a cable network. Strong communication & presentation skills are a must, as well as the ability to think analytically, problem-solve, & prioritize multiple tasks. The position has significant internal growth potential for the right candidate.
- Financial planning & analysis responsibilities including monthly management reporting, quarterly reforecasting, annual budgeting, & long-range planning, in collaboration with leadership
- Review monthly results & perform P&L fluctuation analysis vs budget / reforecast
- Develop ad-hoc analyses & models to support strategic planning & initiatives
- Liaise with operations departments & accounting to ensure accuracy of management reporting & month-end close
- Oversee elements of revenue operations, including invoicing & payment tracking for certain revenue streams
- In conjunction with leadership & Treasury, forecast & manage cash flows
- Coordinate with Vices international finance teams
- Assist VICELAND accounting team during external audit process
- Implement processes & timelines to ensure deadlines are met & cost efficiencies are achieved
- 8+ years of professional experience in a finance function
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Experience in cable television preferred
- Excellent communication, partnering, & presentation skills
- Must possess advanced Excel skills & be proficient with accounting/financial software (experience with Netsuite & Hyperion/PBCS a plus)
- An ability to learn quickly & thrive in a fast-paced environment
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know.We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity.At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture.We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S.Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job.VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.