At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a strong & motivated Senior Tax Manager to join our growing Tax Team! You will be responsible for a dynamic workload & ad hoc projects. You will be the leader of our growing Rideshare business & will supervise & train staff, review staff work papers, provide support, guidance & feedback to develop staff.
- Train, mentor, & develop team members, including technical growth & career development
- With oversight of the team, review the monthly, quarterly, & annual sales/use tax returns, VAT & other domestic & international tax filings
- Review monthly account reconciliations & related journal entries for sales/use & indirect tax liability accounts
- Support state & local sales/use & indirect tax audits by researching & collecting data & working directly with auditors to complete audits
- Serve as the technical expert for all taxes that impact our Rideshare business
- Support tax process documentation & SOX controls
- Model potential tax accounting implications of tax planning initiatives
- Expert technical knowledge of indirect taxes
- 8+ years of relevant experience at a public accounting firm and/or corporate tax department & multinational company
- Bachelors in Accounting; Masters in Taxation or LLM a plus; CPA strongly preferred
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills
- MS Excel skills required, experience with provision software and/or ERP environment a plus
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.