Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant pharmacy experience that works for everyone, & technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team is laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers, & driving meaningful value & better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Everyone who uses Capsule raves about it - we have 5,000+ five-star app reviews - & were expanding quickly to get that experience in the hands of as many people as possible. Weve raised over $250 million from the best internet & healthcare investors to enable that expansion.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes & winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized to accomplish ambitious goals, & push themselves & those around them to be better. We work hard to teach & share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates needs & communicate early & often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast & right. We have tremendous ambitions & a lot of fun pursuing them if that excites you, wed love to have you join us.
About the Role:
You will lead the efforts on Capsules Operations team to build & enforce an end-to-end strategic operations roadmap each quarter & year, along with implementing special projects to meet Capsules ambitious goals. As part of this role, you will own the internal financial model for the Operations team, & translate strategic initiatives for Operations into clear financial targets & track the financial performance of these initiatives over time.
While Capsule HQ is located in New York City & we have a preference for candidates in or around NYC, this role can be located anywhere in the United States.
- Work with the Head of Operations to build & articulate the end-to-end Operations strategy every quarter that ladders to the company goals.
- Develop & track the financial projections related to the strategy & all initiatives for accomplishing the strategy.
- Develop & articulate a 30,000 ft view across the Operation as to what initiatives are being done against the strategy & how effective they are - & work with the Head of Operations to pull the plug or double down on initiatives as appropriate to meet the larger Operations strategic plan.
- Work with the Head of Operations to hold the Operations team accountable to performing against the Operations strategy & assist/coach other Operations leaders in achieving their OKRs.
- Translate the work of the Operations team back up to the Capsule leadership team through the lens of Capsule company values, priorities, & goals.
- Lead key strategic projects in ops that may have no clear owner but would have high strategic leverage & value - e.g., automation of hourly onboarding/offboarding - & make sure they happen.
- You are an expert in financial analysis, but youre practical & build financial models to back up real world decision-making & actions.
- Youre a great relationship builder & can hold people accountable while making them feel energized about the road ahead.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of your direct reports & others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates & you give & get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You can work both fast & right & don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision & accuracy & where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed & challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form & live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility & value personal responsibility in others
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- 5+ years of experience in business strategy, business operations, and/or financial analysis, in any combination thereof
- Demonstrable experience working cross-functionally & in a collaborative organization, whether as a manager or a peer
- For individuals who will be remote: A record of accomplishments in a remote role or otherwise some sense of your ability to operate effectively without being at our physical headquarters
- Preferred: an MBA or equivalent advanced degree
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, & believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, religion, disability, & veteran status.