MakeSpace is the technology solution for physical storage. We are changing the way people think about their belongings & saving them from ever having to visit a storage unit again. We are taking on the $38B storage industry with a combined product & engineering team of 16 people. We are just getting started.
What youll be doing:
- Write & deploy high quality code that directly impacts our operations & consumer experience.
- Design & document stable REST APIs & asynchronous communications.
- Integrate with other teams like web, growth to integrate solutions & plan dependencies.
- Write code that will perform efficiently & accurately in an asynchronous architecture as well as look for opportunities to scale existing architecture & infrastructure components.
- Work on web & mobile products that are essential to our Operations & Growth Teams.
- Form & guide technical & architectural decisions.
- Function as a tech lead & mentor junior engineers in code, design & efficient processes.
- Our stack includes: a Python/Django/MySQL/RabbitMQ/Redis application running on Amazon AWS maintained with Ansible.
What were looking for:
- Youve guided at least three unique products through various phases of growth & inflection at different companies.
- You are a senior full-stack engineer & strive to have a large impact on your team & the company through your product contributions.
- Youre motivated by a desire for involvement in product definition.
- You continually learn & strive towards being the best software engineer you can be. This includes having an impact & learning : reading & writing blogs, participating in meetups, speaking, open-source contributions sharing via brownbags etc.
- Deep competence in Python & ReactJS; Or at least in either if you can demonstrate quickly learning a new programming stack.
- Experience in one other programming paradigm - the JVM or a distributed systems language.
- Competence in asynchronous communications patterns such as via RabbitMQ or other methods, caching via Redis, & AWS deployments & services.
- You have a willingness to learn, teach & step outside of your comfort zone.
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.