Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists & songwriters & 800 labels & publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology & services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, & maintain ownership & control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, & monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal & app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work & activity.
Were currently over 450 people based across 10 offices & were expecting to grow. Thats where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today & tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A COORDINATOR, WRITER & PUBLISHER RELATIONS, AT KOBALT DO?
- Upload & process large data sets from labels & DSP's on a quarterly basis for US mechanicals & digitals only
- Liaison with record labels to improve statement data
- Confirm Kobalt client data at labels so payments are directed to correct parties
- Data entry of statements into excel
- Investigate payments & statements & coordinate with labels & DSPs in order to make sure we are 100% paid up on a quarterly basis
- Manage weekly reports of progress that are sent to senior management team members for review
- Follow up with payors to obtain full & accurate processing data
- Develop & maintain good relationships with payors & labels
- Handle all correspondence in a timely fashion
- Ad hoc special research projects for royalties
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 1+ years experience in a music publishing position
- Highly organized & strong attention to detail
- Efficient with Microsoft Office, specifically within Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- A proactive & positive approach
- Ability to prioritize & exhibit strong time management skills & to stick to deadlines
- Has a can do attitude, & is collaborative & respectful with colleagues