The Operations Program Manager will be the primary Operations interface to the core product development teams & other functional organizations within Peloton, from the early architectural phases through product launch. OPMs must have a strong technical understanding of their products & have experience influencing key design & architecture decisions in order to meet aggressive cost targets & key Operations KPIs.
This role requires close cross functional collaboration with Product Managers, Engineering, Industrial Design, Sales, Marketing, Finance, & other Operations teams to bring an Operational mindset to product development. The OPM will own factory readiness & all Operational aspects of product launch, including preparedness across Quality, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Planning, Logistics, Field Operations, & Reverse Logistics functions.
- Ensure the successful launch of products towards meeting its stated cost, quality, schedule, & availability goals.
- Assesses, analyzes, consolidates, & communicates risk & status clearly & succinctly to management, calling out key issues & presenting options for resolution to the cross-functional executive team through the new product reviews & other executive forums.
- Use your technical expertise to drive engineering & the supply chain team to meet program cost targets at a product & commodity level for your project.
- Work closely with the Strategic Sourcing Team to ensure partner selection is being optimized to support product requirements.
- Be proactive, pay attention to the details, & ensure you are enabling teams across to make smart & timely decisions. Stay on top of many moving pieces without letting anything drop
- Build & maintain healthy relationships with key stakeholders across all organizations
- Liaison across multiple cross-functional teams to ensure product cost, manufacturability, reliability, product quality, safety & compliance, & go-to-market strategies are met.
- Work closely with Product Managers & Engineering Program Managers to define Key Performance Indicators & Product Requirement Documents to enable successful architecture & design locks & according to PDP timeline, & drive cross functional teams to follow processes important to Peloton throughout the development cycle
- Provides links from the US based Operations & Engineering Teams to the Factory Operations teams from various development builds through new product introduction.
- Drive Operations team to ensure materials, equipment, fixtures, staffing, training & documentation plans are in place to support NPI builds & MP, & that key milestones such as capacity requirements & CapEx budgets are met
- Take ownership of product & factory ramp readiness, working closely with Strategic Sourcing, Quality, Manufacturing, & other teams
- During the product launch timeframe, ensure that Operational teams such as Planning, Logistics, Field Operations, & Reverse Logistics functions are prepared & regularly up to speed with any information that may impact them
- Ensure that post launch, programs are set-up with the right infrastructure & processes to be successful, such as with plans to hit capacity targets, second source & post ramp qualifications, etc.
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing & Operations Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Operations Program Management/NPI role in consumer electronics industry
- Knowledge in Operations & Supply Chain
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Proven project management & teamwork experience
- Experience working with & managing external suppliers & manufacturers
- Problem solving, analytical & communication experience
- Masters degree, MBA
- 7+ years of experience in leading development/delivery of multiple high-volume consumer electronics and/or fitness products, managing JDMs with different models of engagement
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment & prioritize multiple work threads to maximize impact