Headquartered in New York, Shutterstock is an innovative e-commerce company & a leading provider of royalty-free stock videos, photos, & illustrations. With over 25 million images & videos, Shutterstock sources content from a contributor community of thousands of photographers, videographers, artists & illustrators from around the world. We consider our contributor community, supply chain & operational capability to be among our greatest assets.
The Editorial Contributor Experience Manager position calls for an experienced, creative, self-motivated, detail-oriented, & disciplined professional responsible for the proactive management of the editorial contributor experience. This role thinks strategically about how to support our contributors & how to recruit new contributors / photographers to help fill content gaps. they will drive tactical execution & the strategic vision of all contributor experience initiatives. This role understands what drives success in the digital marketplace, is results driven & thrives in an innovative high-energy environment.
The Editorial Contributor Experience Manager is a key role that supports advancing our strategic outreach & contributor experience. A strong background in photography is critical for success in this role.
- Responsible for managing editorial content strategic partnership accounts, with the varying levels of account management in relation with the contributor classifications.
- Take ownership of content partner happiness & loyalty; making their success your primary focus ensuring that every interaction with Shutterstock is a rewarding experience.
- Responsible for managing relationships with all contributors, which include photographers & videographers as well (freelance or assignment).
- Responsible for ensuring a consistent on boarding & off boarding experience for contributors, articulating the compliance guidelines & content standards to ensure metadata image excellence & quality.
- Draft & review agreement terms for all contributors on boarded.
- Monitor & streamline contributor experience from on-boarding through image ingestion, invoicing, & payment.
- Developing & implementing/delivering any process documentation, FAQs & how to guides & materials for contributors.
- Collaborate with contributors & the photo editors to provide editing guidance & actionable feedback.
- Raise creative ideas & improvement suggestions for the contributor experience, including designs, data & processes / workflows that could be implemented within the contributor portal.
- Review images submitted to analyse quality aspects & overall metadata to ensure it meets our standards & compliance guidelines.
- Understand & deliver on the KPIs in place to track & measure success.
- Regular feedback loops to contributors to ensure real-time communication, with assistance & guidance to help keep quality standards at the acceptable levels required.
- Monitor the implementation of strategic deal & agreement terms to ensure that full value is achieved.
- Act as an internal champion for contributors & agencies coordinating across teams for content processing & publishing prioritization.
- Provide administrative support, including account set-up & management & day-to-day partner operations.
- Communicate effectively through email & social media to provide contributors with market insights & opportunities, guidance on standards & optimal use of content upload processes.
- Evaluate contributor inquiries & opportunities; compare data to draw conclusions, use effective approaches for selecting a course of action & applying solutions.
- Accumulate contributor insights & feedback for product research & development.
- Understand & evaluate content gaps, with proactive reach out to build relationships with contributors with the view to onboard their content or sign them up as a freelance / assignment photographer / videographer
- Sustain interest in global entertainment events, news, trends, fashion, & celebrities.
- Maintain a full understanding of the global client base, expected deadlines, & image preferences.
Technical Ability & Execution Quality
Trusted for their expert & specialist knowledge within customer support / account management. Proactively keeps abreast of changes & keeps their knowledge updated. Shares technical/specialist knowledge with others as appropriate. Maintains & delivers high standards of quality in all work in a timely manner.
Innovative & Commercial Mindset
The ability to produce original & commercial ideas for clients, stakeholders & colleagues that improves service levels, product delivery & internal processes. Recognizes when a new approach is required, imports or modifies a solution from outside the current work environment & looks beyond current working practices. Thinks commercially - has a strong appreciation of clients & colleagues' needs & a has thorough understanding of the client & contributors' groups as a whole. Provides strategic & well thought out ideas & obtains buy-in from others to drive them forward.
Communication & Relationship Management
Effectively & accurately communicates both verbally & in writing in a concise, professional & confident manner. Demonstrates emotional intelligence i.e. has an ability to engage with colleagues/clients & has an adaptable style. Actively listens & understands the needs of colleagues / clients to facilitate the development of productive relationships. Can persuasively influence & gain the trust & respect of others to achieve win-win outcomes.
Teamwork & Leadership
Inspires others & is seen as a positive role model. Is a committed team player & is someone others want to work with. Encourages others to develop & improve their performance & takes coaching & mentoring seriously. Takes ownership & recognizes the importance of career development for themselves & others. Actively seeks feedback from colleagues/clients in order to improve. Demonstrates a passion & willingness to be involved in anything that presents itself, & then collaboratively executes it with energy & enthusiasm.
BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Team player.
- Hands-On: You should love rolling up your sleeves & working alongside the team.
- A passion for photography, news, sports, entertainment & celebrity media.
- 4+ years of account management/customer/user support experience.
- Domain expertise & passionate enthusiasm for news, sport, entertainment & celebrity media.
- Existing relationships & easy alliance with photographers, videographers & agencies.
- Strong bias for action; ability managing multiple (and competing) priorities & deadlines while operating in a lean work environment.
- Engaging personality with exceptional leadership, communication & networking skills.
- Excellent communicator, decisive, deadline-driven, people-oriented person who excels under pressure.
- Enjoy helping people, solving problems, & working to provide a better user experience.
- Technically minded; ability to provide creative ideas around using technology to improve the contributor experience.
- Firm knowledge of media licensing & business terms, trademark & copyright law.
- Experience with creative content management systems & applications.
- Exceptional at achieving time-sensitive production goals while managing multiple (and competing) priorities & imminent deadlines.
- Some travel & occasional work during evenings & weekends may be required.
- Software: Excel, Google Docs, Presentations, & file sharing systems.
Shutterstock (NYSE:SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider ofhigh-quality licensed photographs,vectors,illustrations,videosandmusicto businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week & has millions of images & video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also ownsBigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom,a custom content creation platform, Offset, ahigh-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curatedroyalty-free musiclibrary; Rex Features, a premier source ofeditorial imagesfor the world's media; Webdam, a cloud-baseddigital asset management servicefor businesses.
For more information, please visitwww.shutterstock.comand follow Shutterstock onTwitter,FacebookandInstagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V