Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. Our products & services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, & enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names. Were a profitable & fast growing organization looking for talented, self-directed individuals who combine technical know-how with excellent writing abilities.
Stack Overflow is seeking an experienced Sales Engineer to support the Enterprise & Stack Overflow for Business.The Sales Engineer will have a deep understanding of our new offerings & product roadmaps. You will work hand-in-hand with the Sales Team to identify & qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections, & help develop strategies to resolve technical impediments.
What youll do:
- Serve as an expert on the product for both external & internal sales questions
- Support Sales on prospect technical calls
- Develop & provide technical collateral in support of Sales
- Develop & provide technical product training for the Sales Team
- Work with Customer Success Sales Representative, Enterprise teams to confirm we can deliver on proposals
What youll have to do:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to deliver a technical pitch
- At least 3 years of experience in architecting or designing software solutions for customers
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, & work with multiple technological environments
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, oral & presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to all audiences
- Experience serving as a technical sales or solutions engineer in a customer-facing role
- Technical writing experience
- Familiarity with our stack: Windows 2016 Server+, IIS, Elasticsearch, Redis
What youll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, & free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.